1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Changes: 16/02/2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Hiyo, Feb 16, 2020.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:49 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    At this point I'm pretty much a veteran player who no longer plays mages because I've already abused them to leech my mains to high level. You can't hurt me unless you nerf corsair / paladin damage to the ground.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    1:49 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    you cant nerf corsair cause they re already garbo

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    12:49 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    First, I'm not writing this in place of Kimmy, but just as another staff.

Kimmy isn't the one deciding what to discuss with public, balancing, etc. We as a team collectively discuss, and we, as a team, make decisions. If you are going to question someone's honesty, at least aim it right.

I'm not sure if you're referring to HP washing when you say flawed systems, but either way we're not trying to manipulate votes or popularity. If we were looking for higher votes, we would've went with higher rates because more people prefer more casual server than our 2x exp rate. Sure, it's one of our goals to expand the server, but not the way you picture. Our server goals are much more important than mere votes. In fact, "number of votes" never gets mentioned in our internal discussions.

Same thing with donations: Kimmy has already expressed that she isn't concerned about donations at all. There were a lot of suggestions that could have increased donor NX usage that didn't get implemented. In fact, Discord boosting system discourages donating to our server because boosting gives more donor NX than donating directly to us (and no, Discord doesn't pay us). We have no reason to keep this system at the moment because we have a lot more than required number of boosters for all the perks.

As for public polls/discussions:
    Using public polls can be beneficial but it's not suitable for everything. General public has very different goals for a server than the staffs. Some public opinions would benefit the server, but also some would cause harm. Thus, we instead trust our team members that their intentions are for the best of the server and use our careful judgments. In my personal opinion, public discussion is only beneficial if our team cannot decide on a solution and/or when we don't have a good idea. Other staffs may disagree.

That being said, we had these public discussions in the past to make important decisions, so assuming "you use playerbase feedback as way to hide from making washing or leeching changes." is a bit ironic.

You already have a voice on this thread, as well as Suggestions. I just spent last night going through 30 pages of Suggestions moving accepted/denied threads as well as marking some interesting feedback. We already gave you the tools, it's up to you to use them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    12:49 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Theres only so much we playbase can suggest/change bro, imo juz sit back relax and enjoy (or try to) the game

5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:49 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    The motto of this balance change.

Quite perfectly sums up why making a warrior now is just a pain, thinking about all the new players that will have to juggle around shit maps again while mages will just hold click in GS2 / GS5 until lvl 120. (if not move to Himes, Gallos)

As if, it's back to good old Leech and Gallos at lvl 90+

+1

Now to give my opinion on the matter, I'd say the changes to Mannequins was too brutal to be honest to the melee classes.
    This nerf could have been done better by :
    • Decreasing Drop rate of event items on mannequins (knowing most people just farm there for event items)
    • Decreasing by 20/25% the meso drop (meaning you'd cut the "gains" by a good amount per hour)
    • Decreasing the HP/EXP ratio, going by example, Kid Mannequin. Going from 8500 hp/1540 xp = 5.5 HP per XP and moving it lower to something like 10x rate. So we would look at 8500 hp / 1000xp = 10 HP per XP (which might be more balanced in comparison to other mobs in its level range). This means that the EXP would decrease by 60% ish

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    [​IMG]
    Low level warrior training isn't completely dead yet

Income isn't anywhere good as mannequin was ofc but you can still make a profit

[​IMG]
    Also buffed NT lolol

(And yes, Pierce is still useless in this place)

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Alright. So I've just done a 1-hour grind at 7F since the changes to find that the EPH that myself and a friend were getting has dropped by ~10% (myself), and 14% (my friend).
    We found that while not stated, the Wooden Fish's base exp has been reduced from 5865 to 3700. A substantial drop of 2165 which is roughtly 37% decrease.

Can I get some clarification on this? This is a much larger nerf to the map than what was otherwise described.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Fun and challenging

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:49 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    While applying smoother mob animations, we forgot to adjust the EXP for some mobs. An oversight on our end and will try fix it as soon as possible. Apologies for letting this mistake slide through.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    fUn aNd cHaLIEnGiNg*

• Like Like x 1
  11. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    A cool buff to NT would be to fix the Eruwater map.
    Edit:
    More neat stuff I would think that NT could have are:
    1. Put all the text of the quests in only 1 or two windows of dialogue so when you are doing the quests you don't have to mash continue while you are being attacked.
    2. A less annoying way to enter the bosses. maybe an option you can click on the dialogue to enter instead of forfeiting the quest. That would also make you not wait if you killed the boss once and you accidentally leave the map.
    3. On the first NT map remove the small platforms near the floor, makes looting stupidly awkward, and since the mobs spawns you with the debuff that makes u not jump its even worst. The first map would be neat exp and coin farm with that

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    9:49 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    DKs are trash though. Corsairs are fun to play

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Next balance patch let's do this :
    • Make all mage Ulti from 0 second CD to 5 second CD
    • Nerf their Ulti DMG (I'd say a good 10%)
    • Buff their non-Ulti skills dmg (maybe they'll actually start using them)

[​IMG]

Maybe we'll actually have a balanced game and not Maple Magends

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    And whoever disagrees with this is a filthy pepega mage than thinks the game is made for them.

Hope you get nerfed as well.

Sincerely a Paladin that got their Ulti nerfed because was abused in boss farming.
    Completely demolished my XP farming with it ;)

Hope it happens to y'all pepega mages too ;))))

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    if the Top #1 DK say that so its true, where are all the corsair of the server anyways?

16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Might actually just move back to islanding.
    Fuck the outside world balance changes, all about pepega nerfs, no real balancing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stoffel

Stoffel Mano

Jul 30, 2015
    Male
    Austria
    Stillworld
    F/P Arch Mage
    Muse

Not sure why anyone is upset about this nerf, it was so obvious that Mannequins will get nerfed eventually.

Farming 5-6m mesos for basically no effort is simply broken and not healthy for the game. I’m pretty sure the balance team didn’t intend to nerf every warrior’s (and bucc’s) favorite place to grind from 55 to even 120 and above with these changes it will definitely have a huge impact on them, but I highly doubt that it will be a less viable spot to grind there for the lower levels.

If it really turns out that there are 0 good alternatives for warriors (and buccs) I’m sure the balance team will find other places they can buff to compensate for these nerfs.

I can’t believe it. Even though these changes came wayyyy too late in my opinion I am very happy that the safe spots in 5-6F finally got removed. Standing still on a book shelf spaming a 3x Ultimate macro without burning pots and gaining a crazy amount of exp is just ridiculous. The only drawback this map had was that you don’t get any mesos and that’s simply not enough to make people stop grinding there.

The reduced exp rates won’t have a huge impact on the overall exp gained but at least you’ll have to burn through pots now, making the map kind of a double-edged sword.

I highly doubt that this will have any impact at all, NT maps seem way too tedious to grind at with all the curses and debuffs you have to endure.

Imagine thinking mages are op lol. The only thing mages are good at is grinding, nothing else.

Every class excels at something, mages excel at grinding/mobbing, Night lords at damage, BM provides damage and SE, etc.... .You might consider mages op because they can level fast, I consider mages bad because all you can do is grind and leech. Perspectives play a huge role in what you think is good or not.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    If you don't play other classes for bossing
    ... Well it's the same thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Sounds like ulu2 should get nerfed too then. All it takes is 2 ultimate casts and you get well over 5-6m per hour farming on a mage.

To me mannequins was a great spot to compete against the income that a mage could provide. It allowed for somebody to avoid the MageStory meta and still have a way to grind and improve their character. Nerfing mannequins pretty much forces you back into the mage meta imo. Will be interested to see what other farming maps people come up with but for me it's all ulu2 and skeles (on a mage of course)!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Stoffel

Stoffel Mano

Jul 30, 2015
    Male
    Austria
    Stillworld
    F/P Arch Mage
    Muse
    While I do agree that ulu2 is op, it is a different case than Mannes. At ulu2 you have to at least go around the map to collect all the loot while it is all cluttered in one place at mannes. I'd like to see you try doing Horntail while farming mesos at ulu2 at the same time

Also, as Hiyo stated, Mannequins weren't only nerfed because of the money you made there, there's also the fact that you grinded in those maps way past the intended level range

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1