1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How many quests are there in MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floris, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    6:46 AM
    So in the quest rankings the player with the most completed quests is BenQ, having completed 1148. Is this the maximum number of quests available in all of MapleLegends? Is there a way to check how many quests one could potentially do? And do daily quests from things such as events also count?

Hope someone has some info on this, just very curious :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    5:46 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Not sure how many original quests there are, but I would say around ~800.

And yes, repeatable quests count towards total for character stats/ranking.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    You ahould ask the man himself benQbenQ

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    7:46 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Pretty sure repeatables only count once, but event quests and stuff like that counts. There are also quests you can miss if you outlevel them, and some hidden quests you can only start if you have certain items.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong about repeatable quests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:46 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If event quests count, its basically impossible to ever match benQ, since he's probably event exclusive quests from the start of the server.

6. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Does anyone have conclusive info about event quests counting or not? Am very curious :)

7. tonecapone

tonecapone Mano

Mar 23, 2020
    Male
    12:46 AM
    tonecapone
    Ranger
    Symphony
    I'm fairly certain event quests count towards your quest total, I've noticed this when I use !checkstats in-game.

Can also confirm repeatable quests only count once. Restarting a repeatable quest will actually decrease your quest count by one until you complete it again. (EDIT: Slight correction, it decreases your quest total in-game (if you use !checkstats) but NOT on the website rankings.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I can 100% confirm that event quests count. There are slightly over 1000 non-event quests that a given class can complete (some quests are class specific but for most classes these balance out). There are also many "hidden" quests that also count that can only be done while another quest is in progress: they usually involve you dropping the required quest item, which unlocks a small quest where the NPC gives you a replacement item. These obviously can't be done if you've already finished the main quest. I for example have tried doing all of these such quests, and there are at least a couple dozen of them. Some of them are very difficult like the quest to replace your mount+saddle.

Since the admins don't like re-using the big summer events (which is great, new events keep things fresh), you will never be able to be #1 on the quest rankings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    • Like Like x 2
  10. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    12:46 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    hi..1148 are included event quests & daily / repeatable quests
    but that's definitely not the maximum number of quests
    i started ML somewhere Oct 2016..due to buzy working life, i missed some of the event quests
    sometimes i completed the event quests by only using 1 char (benQ), this is also why the other char (benQQ) r left few quest count behind
    both char hv missed some quests related to Magartia PQ coz we were over level when MPQ finally released
    (i remember my questing frens they decided to stop leveling just to wait for the MPQ)
    i hv missed most of the quests which required u to drop the items (mentioned under https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-missable-and-hidden-quests.8733/)..
    who the hell will drop the items especially to drop those rare quest items :confused:

daily / repeatable quests only count once
    most of the event quests are under repeatable quests.. so it only count once if u did it last year & again for this year
    so wait for the summer / halloween / xmas events to boost up ur quest count
    take note that some of the event stuff like 'fairytale event' (NPC Gaga) are not counted under quest

• Like Like x 3
  11. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    12:46 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    re-taking the repeatable quest will not decrease the quest count NOW
    same for forfeiting the quest

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. tonecapone

tonecapone Mano

Mar 23, 2020
    Male
    tonecapone
    Ranger
    Symphony
    So I tested this, and it seems that restarting a repeatable quest lowers your quest count by one in-game (i.e. if you use !checkstats), but NOT on the website rankings. I was re-doing a repeatable quest that I had previously completed, and I noticed that my quest count in-game was one less than the total displayed in the website's quest rankings. I then completed that quest, as well as a separate non-repeatable quest, and now my two quest totals are matching (with 2 being added to the in-game count and 1 to the website count).

I could be wrong but that's my conclusion based on what I've observed.

13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    The website does not update immeadiatly always though how long did you wait before checking?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. tonecapone

tonecapone Mano

Mar 23, 2020
    Male
    tonecapone
    Ranger
    Symphony
    Yeah that's true, I waited a few hours for it to update. But still, I restarted that repeatable quest weeks ago, and before I completed it I noticed the website's quest total was one higher than my in-game quest total (if there was updating delay, the in-game total should be the one that's higher instead, because I've been doing other quests in the meantime). Now, after re-completing that quest, the totals are the same (and I don't have any other active repeatable quests that I've previously completed).

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    An ages-old question.