1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Krythan's Night Lord | Guide to Thirty Thousand Hit Points

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Krythan, May 5, 2023.

1. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    2:52 PM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    alright thank u :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    12:52 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I want to emphasize a point here.

There's two key number to look at in regards to how much NX this will take.

There's the total amount of NX to complete this project. In the original post that's 7.7m NX.

However you do not need that much NX to start the project.

The most important number for how much NX this will take is how much NX is required to finish MP Washing and Reset Base INT.

Because that's the amount that's time sensitive, and once you've done those steps, you have a totally playable, boss-able Night Lord.

In the original post that's 2,922,000 NX (1.7m + 1.22m)

What's this mean? You only need about 2m to 3m NX to start this project. That's the amount that it'll take to do the "hard part", and the only cost that's time sensitive. The ~4.8m NX to Stale HP Wash can be done at any time once you have enough MP. You'll be playing and enjoying the character, so it's something that can be worried about in the future, and done as you slowly acquire the NX on your road to level 200.

So when you're choosing between different paths to make your Night Lord, I highly recommend using this "upfront cost" as the primary measurement of NX when comparing different costs.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  3. tods

tods Red Snail

Apr 2, 2024
    1:52 PM
    Hi Krythan, thanks for the great guide. I am also enjoying your New Player's Guide!
    I just started playing in this server yesterday, but I am planning to get my strong NL attacker someday.

I have a question.
    If...
    - I want to set my goal to 20k hp instead of 30k hp because 19.2k is what we need even for the strongest PinkBean
    - I do not care about mp at all (it could go down to the minimum because I do not see much benefit in high mp)
    - I want to take a casual path by skpping mp wash and fresh hp wash (in other words, slate hp wash only)
    - I want to start casually playing soon after I reset INT to LUK (I am ok to slowly slate hp wash as you mentioned above)

1. How much total INT do I need? (I guess base INT does not matter here if I do not mp wash)
    2. At what level can I reset INT to LUK and start playing?
    3. How much NX do I need? (how many days will it take to vote, starting from nothing today)

I also want to hear your honest feedback on my plan to aim for 20k and minimum mp.
    Thank you in advance!

4. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    todstods Welcome to the server! I'm so glad to hear!

I'll run the numbers for you, since I'm curious about how much that plan would cost.

However, my honest feedback is that I would seriously consider the HP Challenges! It's very very hard to wash a ranged character as your first character. Mainly due to the NX required, but it can also be a very long (and not very fun grind) to level up a character with this much base INT without having the ability to self-leech or the mesos to buy leech.

It's certainly possible. We know a few people that have done it. But, a more common alternative is making a different character first, for example a Bishop, or an SE Mule (Bowman) that will help your future NL reach it's full potential, while also making it much faster and smoother getting started in the game... while buying some time for you to save up the NX and Mesos for your NL.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:52 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    is possible reach it without mp wash?

6. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Q: Does a Night Lord have to MP Wash?

A: Yes.

Let's show an example of creating a Night Lord without MP Washing.

For the sake of example, we'll make a character with 400 Base INT, and 100 Equip INT. At level 150, we'll have created about 5,700 MP above the minimum. Using this MP, we can do ~475 Fresh HP Washes (~1.5m NX), and reach a total of 12,300 HP. Compare this to the HP Challenges which will provide 12,000 HP with a fraction of the effort (and none of the NX cost).

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:52 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I imagined it, but I was curious about this quote,
    thanks for explaining

8. tods

tods Red Snail

Apr 2, 2024
    Wow... then apparently my question above was completely nonsense if we achieve only 12.3k without mp wash. It is surprising that more than half of 30k is achieved by mp wash mechanism only!

Nevertheless I do not think that HP challenge, which is irreversible, is a good option because it makes us unable to tank PinkBean forever.

The thing is that there are too much gap between 12k (hp challenge) or 12.3k (no mp wash) to 30k (mp wash).

If we were to aim somewhere around 20k~22k, what is the most cost-efficient way to partially customize the Krythan's original 30k guide? (Lowering base INT? Stopping mp wash sooner?)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    todstods - One option to consider is to aim for 18,750. Why that number? That's the minimum HP you need to get 30k with Hyper Body. I've actually included this as a second tab in the original spreadsheet. However, I'm not sure I would recommend that. Let me explain...

Tip: In Google Docs, click “File” > “Make a copy”. This allows you to run the projection with different variables such as Target Level, Base INT, Target HP/MP and get an approximate sense as to how these different variables impact the character.

In the below screenshot, I've included two examples for the sake of comparison. One example of a build going for 30k and one example of a build going for 18,750. I want to call this out, because I think it's important. While the "total" NX cost is very different between the two builds, what you should really be focusing on is the upfront cost. I've highlighted the different "upfront costs" in row 15. I've written more about this idea in this comment above.

I don't generally recommend 18,750 HP, because the two builds are actually a lot closer in regards to their cost than you would think (or wish for them) to be.

[​IMG]

10. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
  11. tods

tods Red Snail

Apr 2, 2024
    Thank you for making the point even clearer. I tried simulating on the spreadsheet, but yes, the total cost saved by lowering the hp goal was not much as expected. It should be smart to fully mp wash first anyway, leaving the option on how much hp to wash later based on the budget.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    April 14th, 2024 - Updated the original post to include more insight and information about the HP Challenges, an alternative to washing. Also minor cleanup and terminology improvements for consistency.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024 at 4:55 PM
    • Great Work Great Work x 1