1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important The end of 2021.

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    11:14 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I deleted so many characters (at least 20) and yet have reached good levels in general with most classes (only class remaining is Buccaneer), I find myself being a 1-120 experienced player and I don't find any issue with the fact of a possible future game revamp (couple of years).
    In the meantime I'll just continue to bitch post suggestions in hopes of them ever getting considered for game balances. SlimePolice

Three snails skill being changed to work without shells shouldn't be even be interesting to you lol, there are better ways to level up 1-10 and, to be honest, the 15-20 minutes used to grind those levels is not even that major.

So wow, maybe thanks to this change we will be able of completing 1-10 in 10-15 minutes... 5 minutes save to go take a toilet break I guess.

With this what I'm saying is, stop being so melodramatic about a change that doesn't even affect anyone, if not the one being Islanders or Campers and go back to spamming ultis on mobs.

PS you most likely won't like me cause I'm the anti Christ against mages and their balance / game situation

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    5:14 PM
    goering
    Beginner
    what would a version of this game without hp washing look like? what would be the point of warriors? assuming the dps of classes like NL, MM, BM would be adjusted to compensate for losing their only weakness, we'd be reducing a lot of classes to being cosmetic variations of the same thing. the dreamMS thing of gaining a small amount of hp per major boss kill seems like a neat idea though.

3. INSAINRUSSIA

INSAINRUSSIA Horny Mushroom

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Alistar
    I/L Arch Mage
    Arcane
    OK so i don't hate you for wanting to balance mages ok its fine, what ever. What i'm talking about is the snails, you said that they were not important, but i disagree, they are the most nostalgic and essential mob to the maplelegends community, everyone has killed a snail at some point in their lifetime. So to change the difficulty of the snails is to undermine the experience that every player on the server has experienced killing snails. It is not about how much time you spend on snails, I don't care if it takes 20 or 30 minutes, you are correct that the time span is not important,. I want to say that the EXPERIANCE of killing snails is important. There are things about early game that cannot be strictly quantified into time zones and experience points. I'm talking about how the game flows. If you can one-shot most mobs with ease in the Victoria island how is that good flow or rewarding? one shots should only be given to the players that have leveled up enough. What about the old players who have had to struggle with the snails. I think it is a fundamental change to the nostalgic experience that directly conflicts with my vision of the server. I think there should be some level of tediousness to the early game that makes players sit back and think "wow it was challenging" getting from level 1-8. I believe that no level up should be too easy, and that this early game struggle separates the wheat from the chaff. I believe it refines and cultures the entire player base. Kim wanted a smoother early game, but I believe that the early game is as already perfect. This is just my opinion on what an ideal maple story game would be.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:14 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Posts like these are reasons why I think it's okay if Kimmy decides to favor some voices over others. :^)

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. INSAINRUSSIA

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Alistar
    I/L Arch Mage
    Arcane
    I knowwwwww im talking about the EXPERIANCE U DENCE MOTHERFUKKAA *NOOFFENCE*

6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I think the suggestion thread I have given over a year ago is reasonable and doesn't require a whole "server wipe" to have implemented and, for players of any age (new players, old players, endgamers, bossers and such) there is no change if not a change in meta to get more equipments with w.def / stop wearing bathrobes.

Here is the link if you're interested in having a read :
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-of-hp-washing-and-potential-solutions.38392/

And, for the ones interested, another suggestion I had to fix some issues on the economy :
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/potions-cost-renewal.40520/

7. INSAINRUSSIA

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Alistar
    I/L Arch Mage
    Arcane
    Why not Friggin try speedrunning from maple island to victoria, once with infinate snail shells once without. Its night and day. Im a compettitive leet gamer and i know good game design when i see it. I know infinite shells is broken. 100%

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Alright guys. If you two wish to argue about three snails please do it in the appropiate balance thread or it own thread or something. Please keep this more focused on the end of the year thread.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    7:14 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    Personally I'm not a fan of things like recommended ap and sp allocation, I like the freedom to explore for myself and make mistakes.
    But regardless of where staff wants to go with their game, the effort that they've put into this so far has given and continues to give me so much fun and satisfaction and I really really appreciate your hard workSlimeGrin

10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    My idealistic answer would be to rework the natural hp gain from leveling for each job. These are half-random numbers but assuming that we balance around 30k hp as the maximum, at lv200 DKs can reach 18.75k hp (becomes 30k w/ hb), other warriors can reach 15k, buccs 15k, and all other ranged attackers to 10k.

Make the hp gain scale up higher for 3rd and 4th job since that's when mobs start to hurt. With this ratio, warriors are still relevant, DKs are relevant, and idk looks pretty balanced to me.

11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:14 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if you do like a dreams there are no reasons to make a cleave (less end game content, no hb required, low mobility and low acc/avoid) if you rework acc/avoid and change the warrior mobility you make a thing like big bang, look at example you gave, dreamms got a huge motivation to NEW players, then it died.

12. goering

goering Slime

Aug 5, 2020
    goering
    Beginner
    there could be a cap on the bonus hp gained from bosses, maybe 1500-2500, with maybe 50 a kill from a select few. it wouldn't entirely remove washing, but reduce how difficult it is to get to a playable amount of hp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:14 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i agree with this, croosade was a system like this and work well, maybe a quest or some boss drop be nice too

14. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i don't know what to say about your thread kimmy but i all can say is wish you good luck and hope good things will happened in the game and the community

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    "The many mages of a certain sweaty person brought forth abundantly. They reasoned within themself, saying, 'What will I do, because I don't have room to store my virutal riches?' They said, 'This is what I will do. I will invest in WS/CSprestigious coins, and use them to scroll perfect weapon and items, and I will buy INT items and leech, and I will make all kinds of numbers go up. I will tell my soul, "Soul, you can take pride in possessing the virtual number of all the server's people's envy. Take your ease, meme, shittalk, be merry."' But Kimmy said to them, 'You foolish one, tonight the server your virtual numbers on will be reset.' And Neckson said to them, 'You foolish one, tonight the server your virtual numbers on will be hit with DMCA sticks.' And God said to them, 'You foolish one, tonight your soul is required of you.' And they all said, 'The virtual numbers you have prepared-where will they be?' So are they who plays only for virtual numbers for themself, and do not enrich their soul with friendship and good memories."

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. MizManFryinP

MizManFryinP Blue Snail

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    12:14 AM
    MizMan
    Assassin
    Thanks for the hard work Kimmy and staff! I'm sort of a lurker around ML, and I play in bursts of like weeks then don't touch it for another half a year, mostly because of leeching and hp washing making me demotivated. Even though the solutions to these problems are very difficult and might not even be implemented, I am glad hearing that I am not alone in feeling that they are detrimental to the game experience. That aside, the community has always been great and has been the main reason I even log in every now and then.

Playing many online games throughout my life, I've seen some of my favorite games come and go (or worse, refuse to die). That's the reality of online games and especially MMOs. I could take it a step forward and say it's true for life as well but that's just a little depressing lol. I guess what I am trying to say is that I'm all up for making the server a more fun experience over a more nostalgic experience. I am playing Maplestory from 2008-ish on a three monitor setup after all lol.

Also I feel you on the Discord situation :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Honestly I completely disagree with Akash about "fairness" being an issue and I think that just straight up patching out or overhauling badly designed content is infinitely better than a wipe, which IMO is a last-resort scenario.

To put this in simple terms: I would rather have my main deleted even though I worked on it for 5 years now than have my whole account reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    THANK YOU KIMMY!!!

OnionGirlLove
    Three Snails at TRAINING CAMP IS AWESOME!!! OnionYes
    • this is just the quality of life i never knew i needed! :heartbeat:

- Please keep this server up and running longer!

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    OnionHumming
    Life at Training Camp and Maple Island is a lot calmer... no need for FM/Leech/Washing.
    • although Island life needs more speeeeeeed equips/scrolls lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  20. Preacher

Preacher Red Snail

Dec 5, 2019
    Male
    Preacher
    Magician
    I think people need to be eased into the idea of a new slate. It hurts but personally as long as all the friends I've made so far doesn't change and the community doesn't change and we can try to stay positive together and put our heads together to create something awesome.

It's a incredibly hard decision to clean the slate and start new and we all know a large number of the community would just quit the game entirely no matter for what purpose you're making the decision.

Than again people aren't happy with what the game is. So you would you rather continue to play a trash game you don't like and that people are complaining about endlessly and it'll always be thing after thing that there is an issue with. That honestly sounds like a hell and I feel bad for the staff team because I've been reading some of the stuff people have been saying.

Kimmy honestly I always thought you were the professional type but I guess I never dug so deep into all the things you say and I just imagined you as a figure head of the server our mascot. tbh I liked reading the post and I felt a lot of the thing you were saying. It was like reading something I wrote myself.

I can appreciate the relatable thing I think moderation teams are better that way. Anyways my final thoughts the clean wipe is a good idea but you need to make sure you can actually create what you vision and that it'll be good so we don't wipe all our hard work and effort for some trash. Just try to do it without destroying the entire community. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1