1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make bossing great again

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Feb 24, 2021.

1. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    8:55 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I don't necessarily disagree with this but grinding in ML provides way more income than it did in GMS for 3 reasons: MP washing, having an MU mule, and gacha dropping from mobs. That said I don't think it's entirely unfair to nerf grinding income in some way to compensate for these 3 "gains".

Good thing we don't have Shaolin and haven't had busted exp rates from previous events.

In terms of bossing income I think it'd be healthy to introduce every gacha locked item into a boss. Sky ski & ele wands to toad, 30% armor scrolls to NT, WS to HT, etc. This still fulfills the player to player trading while also getting rid of the dependence on gacha which are both good imo. Of course it's a lot harder doing each item so having gach tickets drop instead sort of fulfills the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:40 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Can we also add rare chairs (from past events that aren't coming back) as a rare drop? Perhaps rotate the chairs available from patch to patch.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:55 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Nise already mentioned this in his post, but the problem with Horntail is that its value depends on not just a regulated supply - of which we are currently in overproduction - but also the demand of new players.

If it has been assessed that this server is now in an end-game state - and in turn, the diminishing value of Horntail has been identified - would it not make sense to readjust and re-incentivize the rewards for bossing to suit its population?

I feel like tradable AP Resets could fit well in this category. AP Resets are one of the most sought out items by any player. They're already farmed to death during events when they do become grindable, so I don't really see a downside to creating a resellable AP Reset market that is produced solely through a meso-sink. It'll actually establish a market-value to daily voting, further incentivizing people to vote.

The only gripe I could see this causing is the diminishing value of DKs & HB as more and more people have self-sufficient hp.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    That would make the server vote 2 win, which is something that legends moved away from. What would probably suit your suggestion better is if bosses like horntail could drop NX that you could perhaps gift to other players. But, I 100% think legends should not make ap resets from voting tradable or else it would cause alot of problems.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:55 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Alot of people don't even really play the game until they get to bossing levels.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I wasn't suggesting making all AP resets tradable - only the ones that are dropped by bosses.
    However, by putting a meso-value on AP resets (dropped by bosses), people will see a direct correlation to daily voting and meso gain. This would further incentivize people to be consistent with their daily voting.

i.e. if an AP Reset is worth 10m, voting for 5k nx can be seen as ~14m non-fungible net gain.

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    1:55 PM
    Considering HT is part of endgame content, is it possible to introduce cs/ws as a drop since the demand for them is so high right now? (the burnout from trying to earn enough to even try ws-ing something is just insane now, and looking back, I think it used to be much easier to ws something in the past?)
    In compensation is to readjust (lower) the drop rate of MW20/Gen30 to match what is the expected gain as before.
    Doing this will have end game players play a bigger role in the HT market (now is just on perf dragon weapons basically) instead of just relying new players to maintain the HT market. (might be more complicated than before but maybe results in a more stable market?)

Also, maybe 1.5h HT timer? Challenging enough but not too hard :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Change Maple Warrior from party buff to self buff

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This suggestion made sense when it was only MW20 in the picture. However, this could inadvertently impact the value of MW30.

10. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    3:55 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    What about decreasing the rate of drops?
    Less certain item in market -> sell for more mesos.
    Like TT30 this skill is literally being dropped in fm or not even get picked.
    I would like if the rate of the drop would decrease (of everything) so things get back in line once again.
    The reason I suggest it is because the rate has been set while there was much less people in the server 100-300 to like 1k to 2.5k people (amazing) in the last 1.5years, so it's just logical to make things little more rare now

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    If you really wanna make bossing great... Make NT bosses and Krexel have auto-HS. Those bosses don't benefit bishops and it sucks finding one to go in the first place. Bishops will admit themselves they have little to no interest in those bosses especially Krexel. Making those bosses/maps have auto-HS on them is the ultimate way to improve bossing :) I'm not sure rare gach is impactful.

13. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This does absolutely nothing to fix the real problem - why is there no interest in these bosses in the first place?

Furthermore, its not too difficult to bring your own bishop to these bosses, or find someone who has a bishop in addition to their attacker considering that bishop is the MOST popular class in legends.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:55 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Making bosses drop NX cards regularly would be interesting.
    At the moment NX can be either farmed via :
    Event Time (Any mob)
    LPQ
    OPQ
    GPQ
    CWKPQ

Not sure if any other ^ (might need editing)

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There's just a natural down-trend for bossing. It's a cyclical problem stuck in a feedback loop.
    If changes are made to incentivize more frequent bossing, then boss drops will increase in supply and prices will fall, thus reducing incentive to boss.

The problem with bossing right now is that the outcome is too predictable. It is expected for every group to succeed. If the completion rate for a boss is ~90%+, the rational way to limit supply is to just keep lowering the drop rate. IMO that's just a really bad bandaid fix that will fester into a much larger problem. Constantly lowering drop rates to regulate supply will only grow a larger population of embittered players that see more and more dry runs overtime.

Especially now with more bossing groups going public about their drop logs, people are starting to realize the numbers a bit more clearly, and they don't look really good.

16. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    The reason theres no interest in these bosses from bishops is bc theres nothing for them to gain there exp wise and the drops are rolled for anyway so the odds of them benefitting is low.
    Its not impossible to find a bishop for these bosses but it would be significantly easier if they weren't required in the first place by making krexel and nt bosses auto hs maps :)
    What does adding rare gach resolve?

17. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Here’s some data that I’ve been recording from my hosted runs since Dec 06 2020.

[​IMG]

Each clear gives on average 40m mesos. This includes equips sold in my FM merchant, NPC, mastery books, and 1 egg per run. After each run I myo-myo to recharge and NPC.

40m per clear is terrible. Divided by a 6 man team, that’s 6.7m per runner, before % class bonuses, and before pots. If we very generously assume that an attacker uses 700k per run in pots, thats 6m per clear over a 1.5 hr clear time, working out to 4m mesos per hour. Sure, we had laughably bad RNG with MW20 that probably drags our clear value down, but should horntail really be based around one jackpot drop?

Akash’s suggestion aims to increase the expected value of a horntail clear because the mesos earned are pretty terrible. This is why NX buffs or auto HS don’t really align with the aim of this thread if they don’t have any monetary value.

The expected value per clear is likely going to decrease if no intervention is introduced because gen prices are plummeting. In the data above, gen30 was probably sold at around 75-90m. As of yesterday, the price is 51m.

• Informative Informative x 14
  18. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:55 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    boss give no meso just leech instead

OK really though, here's an idea: What if there was a rank system? What if clearing a boss faster generated more/higher quality rewards?

EXAMPLE
    You're a member of the sweatiest PogSquad this side of MapleLegends. Your team can petrify the mighty Pennydragon in less than an hour. For your exceptional efficiency, your clear is awarded an S rank. For this, you are privileged with:
    • higher drop chances
    • higher threshold for stat rolls on gear (greater chance for good equips)
    • just more stuff i guess???
    More efficient, more experienced squads would be rewarded with greater gains. Up-and-comers would still be able to clear bosses, but would have plenty of motivation to improve so that they could achieve juicier clears.

Higher performance = greater rewards, not just a roll of the dice every time you run. What do you think?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. boldaslove

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    yogurtselleryogurtseller hella good post and super informative i was def off topic w/both my posts. ty for that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:55 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    It should be noted that the HT drop data posted above is quite a bit below average. The mw20 and gen30 drop rate in those ~50 runs is 17% and 3% respectively. However, from 300+ runs of combined data compiled during 2019-2020, we can be reasonably sure that mw20 and gen30 drop rate is roughly ~25%. So assuming we didn't get any ninja nerfs from staff the profit per kill at HT should be roughly ~60-70m in the modern day.

• Informative Informative x 5