1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information November 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Nov 26, 2023.

1. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    7:34 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I believe you are correct.

LUK mages took a huge hit on this change, but there are likely very few 4th job LUK mages that aren't farming mules (who only use ults anyways), and the mage mules were the intended target for this nerf so it makes sense. I should be able to kill Bigfoot a whole minute faster with this change :yay:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:34 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Those typically only use their ults.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:34 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    One thing I'm seeing a lot of confusion about that I'd like to elaborate on:

Mages that are currently going through the process of washing and have a notable number of AP stored in hp/mp do not get shafted by this change, as they will likely not be in a level range where the nerfed skills are used (15x or over, imo). Up until this level, you would mostly be using your ult skill anyways, which isn't nerfed.

Mages that are continuing to hp wash at later levels also barely get hurt from this change, as they should realistically never have enough AP in HP/MP to cause a notable impact on their damage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:34 PM
    Feels bad for poorer mages now that there's a standard set explicitly indicating being "undergeared". While I'm not certain about the impact on luck mages, if I were one, I’d feel like crap about it. Even if it currently has no impact, there's no guarantee it won't in the future. Additionally, not everyone will analyze the formula and its implications for them; instead, they act based on their interpretation of the patch notes.

Just when optimistic players expected INT gear prices to drop due to the HP challenge, this change in the mage formula might alter the trend slightly. Even though it only affects 4th job non-ultimate skills, which typically doesn't impact how mages grind and farm, the emotional value of items plays a significant role in how players price them. I'm not saying that the price of INT items will certainly increase; it just seems like it might for a brief period.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Krisspy

Krisspy Project Coordinator Staff Member Project Coordinator

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    5:34 AM
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    If you happen to have a known, repeatable way to make him crash players, please submit a bug post so we can try to solve it MapleF14

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It seems like if a player is on the top platform (pirate/mage plat) when bosses are spawned there is a somewhat repeatable chance they will crash. I'm unsure the specifics but to avoid this we have always made sure NO players are within aggro range of pirate upon initial spawn. (Includes platforms to left/right of mage/pirate platform)

7. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:34 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Tfw im treated as undergeared mage because im LUK mage :kekw:

Still good to have chance to go further if i use matk pots but I'll miss my previous BB dmg which I use A LOT in ht f4

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    7:34 AM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i knew it are people who use luk.

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:34 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    AFUERA

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    2:34 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    lmao wait till they nerf the shifter or triple throw somehow

11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    time to swap gears over for the 1h dark Hui kekw

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm overreacting. Just a bit sad for it has come like buff for sweaties and nerf for casuals. A bitter taste for I feel like that. wished it be happy buff with resonable amount for every mages, instaed of seperating two groups.

Glad that this buff-nerf didn't hit ults tho, if it's applied on ults too, who barely hit 1hit on certain mobs (or intentionally restricted TMA for mesos-efficiency) would be so sad.

Again, having potential for going further and be actual dpmer in bossing seems so cool still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    yes keep getting nerfed for 6 balance changes in a row is not fun , especially if the mention person spent hours on hours and billion of mesos on gear and not to mention that they probably washed their night lord , you’re probably playing the “budget” class which is MM or BM

well I understand that the average iq of the average mapler stands on 80 to 85 but bruh come on

also it’s v62 as I can see on gtop , if you want a flash jump on ur archer or warrior just play gms

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Tell me how nightlords still whites my hero even after 6 nerfs even when I try hard to mix panic between brandishes while they just hold 1 key enjoy YT.

If you felt awful for my approach, that's what I feel on your approach. Let's behave (or at least pretend) we have at least 100+ IQ.

+ she didn't mention she wants FJ on her shad.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    Because NL meant for bossing? It’s a single target class , while ur hero can take on multiple target at the same time , why you can farm floor7 and I can’t? give us a better aoe

also it just proved my point , and you’re the source , the average iq is 80 to 85

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  16. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Seems you just trust NL should be superior than other classes for every features. I see. and thank you, for letting me know my IQ, it's been really long to check it from last time, so I'm curioused how alchole screwed my IQ after I became adult lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    NightLord's princess syndrome is the reason I don't bring them to CWKPQ anymore. LF>Bucc/MM/Shad/Hero/BM/Magician Mage pin please. They'll do a better job without grieving the pirate pinner the entire run.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    NL feels superior to you in bossing another than that it’s a shitty class to farm experience for example at floor7 , you basically relay on bossing and only bossing , also it’s more expensive to be an effective NL than being an effective hero

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I actually feel sorry for all my great NL friends, for they're meme'ed because of some clowns...... They do great! and I love to run with them.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    You realize because NL's scale better, if you spent the same money on any other class they would still come out on top right? The mention of washing is also kind of funny, RIP MM/Bucc/BM 30k attackers NL apparently wash harder, pay harder, and sweat harder than anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 3