1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

1 year of voting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myungsoo, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    1:43 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I was just wondering if MapleLegends has any ideas to fix this ''issue''. I personally don't like waiting one year to be guaranteed to have enough HP to fight Pink Bean. That's why I rerolled Warrior. I think the ring is a great incentive, but it's far from enough.

Waiting a couple of months is totally understandable, but I find the 1 year+ just too excessive. And I feel there should be alternatives.

I was thinking of alternatives like (don't take this seriously):
    • Increase HP bonus per wash (from 18 to 25)
    • 1000HP scrolls for necklaces
    • Pet HP scrolls +300HP (2100 hp max)
    • Give players 15 HP per horntail kill (or other bosses)
    • HP bonuses for leveling milestones
    • Really difficult quests that give HP
    • Give bless a 10% hp bonus stackable with HB
    • Give end game weapons an HP boost
    • BoTF (not KoC) but instead a static HP/MP bonus and not att / acc.
    Just some ideas, don't take it seriously. I know there are many others who don't like waiting for year to play the character they want to play.

I also see this as an opportunity for Maplelegends to add content.

• Disagree x 6
    • Agree x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  2. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    7:43 PM
    White Knight
    So realistically speaking how long does it take to get to PB level(and the appropriate gear scrolled) from first starting a character? I'd imagine most people wouldn't be doing PB after a few months of gameplay so realistically a year makes sense anyways as washing is a sacrifice made to boost long term end game. There'd also be nothing stopping you from doing literally all of the other content until you reached that milestone. You'd also literally have to play your character in order to get the point of being able to PB, unless of course your leeching; which then you'd actively be choosing not to play your character.
    Also I thought Pink Bean hasn't even been added yet.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    You're basically describing it yourself. ''You can't have appropriate gear within the first year anyway''. Well you can't even play your desired character because he's stuck with 200 int and no damage. So you're forced to play a character you don't want to play. So in this year you're supposed to play a character you don't enjoy. Is that the theory? And Pink Bean isn't the only boss out there. Then you could argue ''well, then play a second Bowmaster / NL / Corsair'' and vote on both. Sure you could argue that, but that's instantly contradicting the whole purpose, and I'm pretty certain that a good amount of people don't really want to level the character to 150+ twice. Unless you're really dedicated and value Maplestory as a way of life.

TL;DR version: So even with the theory of ''you have to wait a year anyway'', you literally can't play that character. So you are forcing players to play what they don't want to play to gather sufficient gear. This phenomenon only happens in Maplestory, and there is great potential to solve it, I think the current monster book ring is a step in the right direction.

Also: Pink Bean is just one of the many bosses that require HP washing. I'm cognizant of the time it takes to gather enough gear here, but that's taking the argument out of context.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:43 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It'll take you over a year to get a BM to lvl 200 anyways.
    Even with all the NX readily available to wash, with perfect gear, with a 6-man HT party that runs twice a day.
    Just do $levels serperior and you'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I hypothesize that staff might add some kind of HP equip / item when they release pink bean. They've done so for a lot of the other content that they add in. (For example, every event nowadays seems to have an event item that adds HP, when they added cwkpq we got MoN + pet equip HP scrolls, etc).

Basically this is an area of maplelegends that staff definitely gives some thought. Also, contrary to popular opinion, characters are in fact playable with substantial amounts of INT. You just need to build the character properly and have the right meta items.

For example:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...riats-guide-to-low-base-int-mp-washing.32453/

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:43 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  7. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    Instead of having the devs add in a whole new system on top of everything else, if they wanted to change how long it takes people to wash it would be simpler to just lower the nx cost of ap resets. Everything stays the same except for the time it takes for you to get the NX to fully wash

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    That'd be even better. Didn't think of it yet. Another thing could just be that big bundles are discounted, or like event sales where people know that they should save up for every event.

9. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Im always interested in more ways to make HP more available as it's such a terrible mechanic in the game. But there is also the line of making it difficult to get insane amounts of HP.

What about adding something to bosses that dont really feel worth your time.

Ie adding a chance for an untradeable ap reset to zak/krex/whatever boss drops. One that can be looted once by all party members, and limit it to 6 if possible to avoid mules getting it.(if it even drops)

im a big fan of adding ways to speed up HP washing that involve playing the game over voting.

• Like Like x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Although I'm in favor of creative ways to enhance the AP gained, I don't find this the best way. Typically you want to have 10K+ HP. If you'd have to kill bosses, you'd still have to walk around with 120int or more, meaning that you're missing out on 25 levels worth of damage, which in my opinion is pretty big. I'd rather make it so that bosses gave quest rewards that give guaranteed HP gained, so that even if you only wash to e.g. 7k HP, you'd still have the idea in the back of your head that if you want to do higher content, you could farm them at bosses. This would be a good mechanic because it doesn't make the game easier, as you're working for it. Rather than mindlessly voting and being paranoid about buying a pet because you must save up NX to buy AP resets.

11. bj

bj Slime

May 30, 2018
    Male
    5:28 AM
    CastieI
    Cleric
    Influence
    The main issues is how to tackle it without invalidating the years of hardwork put in by older players.

I thought they did a great job combating that with anniversary event where ap resets were farmable albeit required work to be put in. Multiple LVL 30s in the same account clearing dailies and transferring the AP resets.

I thought the same model was gonna continue but isn't the case for summer event.

12. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Personally I find the best way to find methods like they already did with the ring. Such that players who already farmed to e.g. 14k HP, can also benefit from an item that gives HP, or a scroll, or perhaps something else.

13. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:43 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So when I was new to MapleLegends, I could never figure out why people were very much against cheaper AP Resets. But I think the big issue isn't just "invalidating years of hard work", I think the problem is that it ONLY benefits new players. Because to make use of the cheaper resets, you would need: A) fresh AP, B) AP still stuck somewhere (HP, MP, INT), C) excess MP.

Those who have already "finished" or (in my case) "given up on washing more" don't have the excess MP or the base INT to benefit from more AP Resets. Then you have higher level players (eg. 190+) that don't have much fresh AP remaining.

Based on that line of reasoning, along with cheaper AP resets, the following also become hard to apply:
    • Increase HP bonus per wash (from 18 to 25) >>> you'd need AP/excess MP
    • HP bonuses for leveling milestones >>> you'd need to level (Lvl 200s won't be able to benefit at all)
    I think the others are interesting suggestions though! Other factors that needs to be considered when crafting HP washing optional solutions are:
    • Not becoming TOO custom. It needs to be something that you would've realistically found in og MapleStory >>> which I think the Monster Book Rings is a good example of
    • Not making the HP gain TOO easy (since a lot of our player base low-key like the arduous journey to get more HP... they/we are all masochists xD)

• Agree Agree x 12
  14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Something to keep in mind regarding HP washing becoming optional is that it needs to be done in a way that doesn't disregard all of the work that everyone in the past has already done. It's a very slow process overall, and it makes complete meta-shifts in how people gain HP impossible. So it makes it a very careful game in trying to balance.

Overall, HP washing has become heaps easier than it was in the past, but it's been done slowly over time enough that people don't really recognize how far it has come. Removing gachapon tickets from the Cash Shop allowed for people to vote on multiple devices, allowing people to save on an account for washing or have free owls/smegas for other purposes. Streaks were also added, initially increasing the NX gain to 6k per day and eventually making it 6.5k a day. TopG was also added as a voting option, increasing it to 7k per day. None of this made AP Resets any cheaper, but it did allow for more AP Resets to be received every day.

There was a time when staff proposed cheaper AP Resets, but overwhelmingly the community was against it. At best it'd be very controversial to push something like that through, and the same would go for increasing HP gains on levels/washes. It's just that many of the folks against it have seen these threads a dozen times already, and aren't likely to come out of the rabble without an announcement on the topic.

HP washing is something that's hard to approach. Doing it slowly is the option that makes the most people happy, though many of the folks just starting out would like to see it progress faster many of the options would cause a lot of chaos in places outside of the primary demographic. It's a difficult scale to balance when it comes to fairness for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Thanks, I am really happy to know that the staff is trying to consider what the majority wants. I think that my AP reset suggestions aren't good ones, but I do think that implementing items that benefit everyone (even those who washed) will be a good thing, because no one will be losing their hard work. I think that if you e.g. add quests or enhanced horntail necklace hp, special events that give flat (1 time only HP) it's at least something that new people can say ''Hey, I'm not washing a lot, but at least by working hard I can still do end-game content''. That takes a lot of discouragement away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    6:43 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Just throwin' a few ideas out there, and I have no idea how catastrophically bad these could be:

What if AP Resets were a rare Gachapon drop? (Encourages gameplay/grind?)
    What if AP Resets only drop from obscure bosses that most normally wouldn't want to run? (Yay, variety incentive?)
    What if AP Resets were purchaseable from a NPC at a high rate? (Yay, Meso sink...)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 3.13.51 AM.png

I like what I'm doing though, this fun. Very fun. :D
    (Yes, I put 2 in STR by accident, that was fun too.)

18. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I think the biggest misconception around HP washing is how much int you need. Unless you're actively trying to break the game with how much HP you want(Like 15k+ HP clean on a ranged character), having 200 int or more isn't the best option. 100 int with no equips should be enough to do every boss in the game when you reach the bosses' level, even if you only start putting int in at level 70 or thereabouts. 140 int with some equips should let you do anything very comfortably, even HT without Hyperbody. More int only increases the max HP attainable, but past a certain point it become detrimental in NX cost depending on the HP goal in mind.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    It seems that those who are disagreeing without constructive criticism are the ones who worked for it. Sure I understand you. But it's not like I'm asking to diminish your work. I am asking to give everyone equal opportunity to gain some extra HP from work over voting.
    Sure but that's not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to bring to attention that you can't play your character as intended for an entire year due to the limitations. I have no problem with working for more HP, but there currently isn't a full-fetched system that let's me work for it.

And to everyone else who seems to disagree. The purpose of doing nothing and simply waiting is just senseless to me, and so far the only arguments I have read is ''it's not that hard'' or ''what about the people that worked for it''. I am not trying to argue that new players should be spoon fed. I'm trying to argue that there should be a system so that new players do not have to wait for the sake of waiting. Because that's really what it comes down to at this point. If you're telling me ''Kill 100k mobs for every 100 bonus HP'', it'd be very difficult to get to 1000HP, but at least this thread didn't have to exist.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    The past 2 events have been incredibly generous for AP resets. The events used to be 1 reset = 1 raffle in pricing but now they’ve been roughly 5 resets = 1 raffle. If you farm the events hardcore you definitely don’t have to wait 1 year of voting to have a playable character. I also agree with Moob that people get such a misconstrued idea of how much int you really need. If you want to put 200 base int and break the game with your HP then it should take a long time. Although I will say AP resets from bosses and gachapon tickets are pretty good ideas imo. I’d even add NX dropping from bosses (area bosses & expedition ones) year round. I’m not sure which bosses I’d add resets to but krexel for sure is easy enough for anybody to kill and deserves something to help boost it’s drop table.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1