1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Berserk's damage bonus

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xNivx, May 17, 2020.

1. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:08 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

That's how berserk looking at rn for reference.
    In-order for Dark Knights to unleash real damage they have to maintain their HP below 55% which isn't that-that hard for around 30k hp dks but a lot of people tend to struggle with it especially zerk20 users.
    Heroes per say, holds one key without focusing on maintaining their hp at a certain point and still some a bit more funded than dks can out-damage dks.
    I feel like dks should be awarded for their effort to keep their hp at below the required amount to activate zerk, and for the pot mesos we waste.

We're one of the worst dpm class even though we waste more mesos on potions (most of the dks use melting cheese which is 4.5k mesos per one and in bosses almost every hit uses up a cheese) plus we put more effort into maintaining our hp at a certain point which includes making sure we won't die.
    And we still get out-damaged by most classes.

A certain buff will be nice to have :]

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:08 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The chart is bias because no buffs. Furthermore it doesn't include sky ski which is actually the better spear.

If you include SI / SE, then the numbers will show that drk is not too much different that hero.

Furthermore, I would always prefer to have a drk in my party over a hero.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sumilidon 25

Sumilidon 25 King Slime

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    6:08 AM
    Kapcom
    Dragon Knight
    HOOD
    It's because NT spear is slow speed all they have to do is buff the slow speed to normal speed and we're fine. Sky ski being our endgame weapon is tragic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Can you compare that though to a Hero with SI/SE too with a ST which is a fast (5) and high att weapon, and where ski is normal (6) speed?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    6:08 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you have SI it makes no sense to compare it with a ST. If you want a comparison, Nise compiled this recently: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/warrior-damage-comparison-neo-tokyo-vers.30381/

I see this as a non-issue, since zerk is the first skill you max (or after Beholder 10), and zerk books are dirt cheap now. The people affected probably won't be stuck at the stage for a very long time, and it sounds more like a player skill issue to me.

6. OP
    OP
    xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    im not referring to player skill-related issue, just looks like heroes doesn't have to put as much effort and does same damage if not better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I used to think the same that darks put in a lot of effort and don’t get rewarded enough which is true in a damage sense but the difference isn’t that huge. I’d prefer to have slightly lower damage but an incredibly useful buff in HB. I do agree though that there needs to be more variety in potions for darks which is why I want triangular sushi in game so much (20% hp and mp healing). It’ll put our potion cost more equal to other classes so we aren’t paying 4.5k for a cheese or 5k for a milk when everybody else gets the incredibly broken NLC potions.

• Like Like x 7
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i will agree to buff dk if they give us a hb party bear buff that cant be dispelled

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:08 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    OP you're appealing to the majority with only part of the information. In pure numbers, with perfect gear + echo, heroes and drks are pretty much head to head, and DKs even outdamage with SE+SI. See below:

[​IMG]

Lastly, this is just purely theoretical, and in actuality due to the charge time for combo orb for heroes, a @DPM45 will result in the DKs winning. This isn't just the case for perfect everything, but more so very end-game onwards.

Also, please don't just up and take someone else's work without contacting them first. I shared a first draft of what I was working on, disclosed in confidence to the guild I was previously part of, so that I could see where I could improve the numbers. You didn't contact me, credit me for the work, or respect the privacy of the rough draft.

Please refer to: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/warrior-damage-comparison-neo-tokyo-vers.30381/ for more accurate numbers, not OP's incorrect charts.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    A lot of the end-game Dark Knights aren't really after a damage buff as far as I can tell. I also don't believe that every underperforming class needs a damage buff unless they are well outside of an accepted range of damage. Dark Knights are very comparable to Heroes damage-wise, at least when fully buffed, but it does come with the note that Dark Knights improve a lot more from SE/SI than the other warriors do, and they do need SE/SI in order to be truly comparable. SE works less effectively with the higher base damage of Brandish, and even less on the huge base damage of Blast. SI can be replaced by faster weapons on Heroes/Paladins as well, leaving all the big improvements to damage to party buffs, otherwise a Dark Knight will always be lackluster compared to their counterparts.

There are issues though. The best weapons, Sky Skis and Purple Surfboards, being locked behind gach and summer event isn't the best system to have, especially when other classes benefit more from the release of Neo-Tokyo, with the 1h weapons replacing RK's making instances of no-SI becoming less of an issue for those classes, and the 2h sword being a direct upgrade to Claymore for when there is SI. The NT spear is actually comparable to Sky Skis, but only until you start taking attack potions into account. Skis should be better around the point where you're on Stew or HT buff, and anything after that point Skis look better and better. Normal speed on the Skis is also much better for jump-attacking, and the slower you become the worse it gets for dodging 1/1's or for cleaving Left Head in HT. Normal speed is also much better for general mob grinding, as generally more attack rarely upgrades kills from 3ko to 2ko, or from 2ko to 1ko, leaving speed much more effective at getting more kills per hour.

Potions are likely the biggest concern. I don't even bother with any content other than HT if the max hit is above ~7k as it's just too expensive to chug reindeer milk for whatever the reward is, or I'll essentially be very mediocre damage by chugging ginseng above the max hit, which is really quite boring as pet pot doesn't keep me engaged. Sushi being available for 2-3k each would fix that, you'd still want to use ginsengs at 15% for general use but have Sushi for manual potting to conserve money/bag space.

Sacrifice could probably use some rework as well. The attack range on it is so poor that you can't use it for micro-managing HP vs either HT arm or Mid Head. If Wings are down you either need to Roar for -9k HP or wait for Arm to do an attack before using it. It would also benefit from being unable to crit like the Bowmen's Inferno/Blizzard skills, as when that rarely happens you can reduce far more HP than you anticipated, and if you're unlucky you can get banged by a hit, crit-sacrifice with zerk, then get banged by another hit before you realize your HP is so low. It also doesn't help that your damage is based off of swing/stab as well, which makes the damage you take either very high with a crit stab or almost nonexistent with a swing. It would benefit greatly from using Dragon Roar's damage formula so it doesn't matter if it's swing or stab, being unable to crit, and a range increase to match Crusher's[Which is also rather poor and may benefit from a ~3 pixel increase, but then again jumping to the exact edge of a platform where falling off is almost certain death is fun and a skill all DK's should get]. It should just be a better utility for maintaining HP rather than the roll of the dice that it currently is. It's generally just easier to use Roar, even if it does take off a hefty 9k chunk out of HP.

#Sushi4Pres2020

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    1:08 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    the only change I wanna see is stance 100% for drk/hero

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    What about Dragon Blood?
    Losing 20 hp every 4 seconds for a mere +12 att when I can just use cheap att pots e.x. coke pills which are 15 att

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    I mean, Heroes get their only party buff replaced by a 300nx Party Bear.

14. OP
    OP
    xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It's still not a counter to what I said tho haha, means heroes stilll need some sort of buff maybe +23 att or some shit.
    But to be honest, 300 nx for 1 bear, imagine making it ur main att pot which is a lot of nx waste so people don't do it.
    They just keep their Rage.

DKs, however, can afford att pots easily which gives MORE att bonus than Dragon Blood.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I can't really say if there'd be a reasonable buff to do to it because other options for skills would still be too nice to pass up. Being mixed Spear/PA takes away 30 SP but otherwise it could be used for maxing Sacrifice and getting Power Crash, which has it's uses now in cwkpq and in HT with a cowardly bishop. :^) Unless it offers a stackable attack buff of like ~3-4 attack I can't see much of a reason to use the skill.

Coke Pills and Party Bears are just OP. Skills weren't designed around having such good options available eventually, and it's especially apparent with things like Final Attack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    7:08 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    The only thing we want its the sushi. when the true QoL change will come for dks?

17. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    You get "Hex of the beholder" maxed out, and that gives you +15atk every 4 seconds nonstop

18. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    dk is probably one the top 3 strongest class in-game if you don't mind zerking. With a very useful buff. They also have an easier training life in 3rd job compared to warrior counterparts.

we need to instead buff buccs that 99% of player base are mules

19. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    3:53 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Hard agree on this one. PLEASE buff the range!

I have to get so close that I often touch the boss’ body, losing more HP than was intended.

This is a huge issue especially for bosses like Nameless where micro-managing hp to zerk is extremely crucial.