1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information MapleLegends roadmap #2

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ckjustin

ckjustin Mano

Apr 27, 2020
    9:45 PM
    Hero
    Thanks for the update Kimmy!

What's the damage of Pink Bean EveryoneEveryone?

2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Prepare your buttholes, also lower the volume.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:45 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    We've done math and a few testings to see where the balance is at. I cannot provide specifics since things are done behind the scene.

We understand the concern with washing and we constantly talk about how we can ease it up. That being said, such discussion takes time to balance it so that it's not overpowered and that it doesn't undermine other players' previous efforts. Then it takes time to develop, test, adjust, and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    3:45 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    If we are making HT more like GMS can we have?:
    -12 hours timer
    -Cancel removal glitch
    -Arms having its original short range
    -The safe spots back

That would made the experience like in the old GMS o.o (not even asking for the aggro stuff that the game had back then as well)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    8:45 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    [QUOTE = "Althariisa, publicación: 217833, miembro: 19520"] Me gusta esta explicación. Me siento más en contacto. [/ CITA]
    pepeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I PB'd on GMS pre-BB (but post potential), we never beat it but we did get to the last body (PB itself) many times. The statues are mostly stand still and dps (although you need to plan how to move around the map to get to the next statue without triggering damage reflect on the birds). Ariel (last statue) has weapon cancel and can hit heavy, so unwashed ranged characters need to hide in the bottom left corner. Overall the statues are not complicated at all. PB itself however is incredibly annoying and is NOT a stand-still dps type of boss. It spams status/stuns (some of which are dodge-able) , it uses damage reflect every 40 seconds with a 20 second duration (you need someone dedicated to timing this to get everyone to stop attacking) and dispel does NOT get rid of it, and it summons mini flying pink beans very often which almost instantly cast weapon cancel (so you NEED a mage casting a fma to clear them) although some people like to have them around for the iframes from their rather weak attack (like corsairs with bullseye who couldn't care less about them). You typically pin on right side so its attacks can't hit the players respawning on the left (but we don't have wheels on Legends so this won't matter). I want to say touch damage was 23k (I was paladin so that's the number I had to remember). Seduce was a musical note dropping from the sky. So you could dodge it if you were quick, but PB used it pretty often. Seduce was usually jumping to the left side (don't recall a different type of motion) which was another reason to pin right. PB was also resistant to every element (rip paladin dps) -including- physical damage itself. That's why I think it's impossible to defeat without potential (unless you remove those resistances). Not to mention the 1 hour timer to do over 7 billion damage in total. Also, heros and DrK do shit damage as well because there are no opportunities to cleave multiple parts as in Zak or HT.

EDIT: fixed typo

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    While I appreciate you trying to be more transparent to the players, there are some changes done in the past that you should consider reverting. With the fact that summons now drop 70% less, you should revert mannequins back to auto-aggro. I have scanned the map a couple of times throughout the event and have found very few people there; whether it was kid, male, or female mannequins all the maps are either completely dead or there are only a 1 or 2 people training. It's sad that during prime event times, these maps that use to be filled with people trying to fight for a spot is now dead. What is the argument of not reverting the changes back to auto-aggro with the current heavy handed nerf of summon farming? I doubt anyone will go there to afk summon farm for money even if they auto aggro. The only real benefits these mobs will have is helping low level i/l mages, warriors, and marauders have a fast way to get through 55~75 level range which is a negligible amount of exp in the grand scheme of things. If you want more people to actively play the game instead of just afk leeching, give more viable maps to farm in.

Also the argument the GMs made when nerfing mannequins in the past was they would buff ludi tower to give more exp and viable maps to train in and those were such laughable buffs that you definitely need to consider buffing further. I have scanned ludi tower from death teddies to ghost ships with the new warp card teleport and have maybe seen 1 or 2 fire poison mages mist farm there throughout the entire event (I usually tell them shaolin misting is better and then they leave). The maps are just too big and too far that no one likes to party farm there.

I also heavily disagree with the nerfs to leprechauns and making the money bag not drop mesos at all; they are literally made of mesos??? You are consistently pushing the server into a grind fest that you have to dedicate your entire life to if you want to be rich. The more niche meso-making methods you consistently nerf, the more you are promoting this server as leeching to be the only consistent way of making mesos. For example, one way of making mesos before was to summon farm at voodoos, you would make maybe 100 stoppers an entire day (about 10m~11m) which is basically around 1 hour of skele leech.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  8. Bigtree

Bigtree Snail

Oct 9, 2017
    Warrior

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:45 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    What about... actively farming voodoos :think:. Also, leprechauns aren't actual bags of gold though are they? It's a leprauchaun that's disguised as a money bag, hence when you kill one a monster pops out. And it's the monster itself that holds the money bags. While the points you make about meso-generation seem quite surface level, what I do think you appropriately (yet indirectly) touch at is the state of the MapleLegends economy.

In the past, there was a huge fear that our economy would become hyper-inflated, much like a number of other pservers out there. In a microcosm economy like ours, that is completely different from the real world economy (where you have various currencies, various streams of input/output into a national economy), it's important to note the basic principles that the Maple/ML economy functions by. Our input is meso-generation that is dictated by the people themselves and not controlled centrally (aka a central bank/reserve printing money), and our sole out put is transport/tax/crafting (while in RL, you might invest overseas and convert currencies or send things via remittances). Since we were producing a lot of mesos, aka the goby era of the ML economy, people were worried about price inflation (rightly so).

A number of measures were taken to reduce meso generation and we also provided some meso sinks to balance things out. What I'd say wasn't really considered is the output you have when high level characters quit or get banned (usually due to RWT). That's a lot of mesos that suddenly get drained out of the system. There's less meso circulation, and less investing back into the market. You had a new generation come in, the so called COVID era, but due to our previous measures to curb meso generation, prices adjusted accordingly. You see that with zhelms, as well as leeching. You mentioned that leeching is the "sole profitable" way, but when a number of leech location pretty much barely cover pots, I wouldn't even say that's the case. Of course higher level leech places like 5-6 are more profitable, but higher level content is always more $$$, as you can see with HT.

Tldr; There might need to be some changes to the system, but simply reverting changes doesn't fix the overall economic problem. You'll run into another problem of inflation, and also awarding AFK play (which summon farming definitely was).

5.5 bil for the statues, then 2.1 bil for PB itself but effectively 4.2 bil due to physical damage resist... so expect 9.7 bil hp to smack! gl guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    2:45 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I feel like the summon's change to decrease drop rate is a kick in the stomach to players like me.
    I use phoenix to slighty fill the gap of damage I lack (from weaker eqs or my base int) and to protect me from random mobs spawning near me, and it's very sad to see that I'll get much less drops if the Phoenix happens to do the "kill shot". I barely summon it nowadays because of that fear that I'll miss some good drops that way, specially because regular farming/grinding is the only consistent way I have of making mesos.

Please consider reverting or reworking this change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    4:45 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Not to be annoying but, you didn't address quest ring at all, which has so far gotten the positive attention of practically all forum users in the last few months so far (minus those 10 trolls who voted 'no' on it).

Any official message? I know you're working on other things, but any mention of your thoughts on it? Adding it to future "to do" list?
    Ignore the subject completely only to release it, fully working, as a surprise on bright summer day?

Either way, happy to hear about all the changes being worked on, this server is a work of art, truly. :heartbeat:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1