1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

My next skill changes wish list.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:23 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Yup that is correct! Crit is definetly confusing in this version of ms.

2. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    11:23 PM
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Another amusing crit interaction that I feel is lesser known/utilised is that Stun Mastery (labeled as +60% damage at 60% crit chance) gets a hidden boost when SE is added into the mix. It should be +200% (+60% and +140%), but from testing there's an added +100% that's only apparent when you have SE.
    Which honestly, would me a small change I'd like to see. Add that crit chance at all times considering it's only useful while grinding (can't stun bosses) and generally only on 3 mobs at a time.

As far as Paladins, it's funny that someone thought about the weapon cancel idea because I had also thought of a similar idea but didn't think it was worth posting.
    I think it'd be interesting for Holy Charge to have added utility by counting as Magic Damage. Yes, this'd make Pally's better as they could then circumvent both cancels, but that damage modifier of the skills can be changed to suit.
    It's always annoyed me that weapon/magic cancel is a thing, as it doesn't add to gameplay. It just kinds of artificially inflates the kill time on certain bosses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Yub in my own view. I dont even care about the holly charge. It seems like a trash skill. If i have skill point i will choose to max the skill of the period class. Than buff it to 180% is not a problem

4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    While I agree with you that Weapon/Magic cancel is an absolutely stupid mechanic and an emblematic symptom of Maplestory's age, I cannot in good conscience back up such a huge buff for Paladins in the current climate of the server, what with us Pallies already being considered borderline overpowered for anything that isn't named CWKPQ. I'm just not quite sure we need to be the ones penetrating weapon cancel -- this role belongs much more to Marksmen imo, it just fits more thematically and also balance-wise, since MM are considered the weakest job atm.

If anything all I'd ask for Holy/Divine Charge is for there to be even one or two situations in the game where I'd want it, so that I can justify even putting points into it over Achilles/Guardian/MW (because you will not get holy over blast, HH or ACB even if it added 250% damage)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    I think let the holly charged can have damage during the cancel weap att is a good idea. Palladin is known as a mage hero. Than allowed him to make magic damage is a good choice

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:23 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I still white the shadowers on my paladin in cwkpq.

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:23 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Real footage of paladins complaining about HH nerf

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:23 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I did know about this and suggested a change to make it always 160% extra damage so you dont need SE to make this skill better onits own. SE + Stun mastery damage could be considered OP but imo if you need to stun a mob you are not 1 shoting it, an archamge would do walays a better job than you clearing mobs. But we will see if this is possible.

9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I don't think thats a good idea, you already have HH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Bring back Ninja Ambush for bosses, I know it can do dmg thru cancel but was still shit x-x

11. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I wonder if removing the MP cost of Heros Will would be too good or fair o.o

12. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    11:23 AM
    Xydan
    Another funny crit interaction (though I don't know if it's true in MapleLegends) is that Arrow Bomb, the BM skill, is the only ability in the game that crits the way you would intuit crits to work. Instead of getting a +100% damage increase like every other ability, arrow bomb gets x2. And with SE, it's actually x3.4 as far as I'm aware.

13. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    10:23 AM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Paladins being able to get passed weapon cancel is too broken. They are already a very good class. The only thing they need is to have Holy Charge not be useless. It makes no sense to have a 4th job charge be worse than two 3rd job charges.

14. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    2:23 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Just saying, if you disable the mortal blow trigger also, that will let you cleave the other side of Zak/HT at 3-4 targets. Imagine the DPM :hungry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Virushade

Virushade Slime

Jan 22, 2019
    Male
    Virushade
    Corsair
    Hermes
    As a corsair, I would be satisfied enough if I can fire cannon/torpedo while in the air. This would help alot with positioning, given that almost all attacks hit and knockbacks us with our low avoidability.

16. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Would be cool to make MM cleaver with weaker 1vs. Different purpose than BM

17. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I heard more stuff about the ship. What if on top of what you said the ship had 100% speed and jump? or perhaps even be affected by haste.

18. Virushade

Virushade Slime

Jan 22, 2019
    Male
    Virushade
    Corsair
    Hermes
    I tried 100% speed and jump by getting on my battleship in the mindless run right stage in APQ. Enjoyed the speed boost, and I feel it would help alot with repositioning. However, it would feel weird if my ship moves so fast all of a sudden :p

19. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    New ship could be like:
    [​IMG]
    DEJA VU !!!

20. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I believe you can jumpcast Battleship Cannon, and do it in a very consistent way if you set your jump key into one of the sticky keys. Perhaps akashskyakashsky can provide more insight on this.