1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Priye's 500+ Million Giveaway

Discussion in 'Community' started by Priye, Jul 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    11:34 PM
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    1) No, I'm not quitting, I'm just inactive.

2) Yes, even I don't know why or how I stored so much mesos; they just sat in my inventory doing nothing the entire time.

3) No, I seriously just play maple to talk to people (PQ/FM hoe) or to omok, so I don't know what to do with my mesos.

4) Yes, I genuinely want to help the community who needs funding for their gOdLiKe eQUiPs or even someone who simply needs to get by with pots.

5) No, this is not a scam; I've given away 40 mil (verifiable by the community) the last time I did this, but my PM was flooded with messages that even 3 accounts weren't enough, which caused a lot of lag. I felt that posting on forums this time for the giveaway would be easier for me and everyone else.

6) The rules are simple: you recommend me up to FIVE songs that I like, and I give you mesos based on how much I like it. Up to 50 mil each song. Please include/embed a youtube link so that it's easier for my to listen to the song with just a click, while staying on this thread. Songs that I've listened to before do not count. Hint: my music preferences include Jazz standards/ballads, Korean-pop/ballad/r&b/jazz/OST, anything jazzy piano, and other original soundtracks from movies by Disney/Studio Ghibli. Some other genres outside the ones stated are acceptable, but keep in mind that there may be a lower chance of reward. However, for your bravery and if I happen to like it, your reward doubles in amount for that specific song. Songs that I've listened to before do not count. If you think a song is already popular in its genre, feel free to suggest it, but just know that I've dug for GOLD in the music world (according to my preference) for a long time. Choose wisely. Songs that I've listened to before do not count. Please include your IGN.

7) You have a week. Last day to turn in songs: July 31st, 2018. 11:59:59 PM. PST. If the songs that are recommended this week do not finish up all the mesos in my combined inventory, I will notify in the forums for a second week of giveaway. Replies to all responses in this thread will be answered in one post, at the very end of this event.

8) This time I'll be nicer and fairer to everyone. Here is an example of my playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2qkAyztOA2_xHbnYGVcRniwFuQ78owl2
    If your songs happen to be in this playlist, SONGS THAT I'VE LISTENED TO BEFORE DO NOT COUNT. This should give you a general idea of what I like, though not all my favorites and/or genres are included. If you happen to have the same music taste as me, today is your lucky day. Not only are you given a higher chance of earning big rewards, but also an opportunity to hear some great music recommendations in this thread!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    3:34 PM
    i dont want money but listen to dis

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    7:34 AM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    This is such a good and chill song, if you're into Jazz ballads you'll definitely like this one.

But it's still really good

I know you didn't list this in your preferred genres, but it's funky and their music videos are very interesting lmao, and look at the lead singers awesome afro

Based on your playlist I can image you've heard most kpop I would recommend, so here's something else that I really like. Small band called fox

IGN Taka

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Some relaxing Ghibli-like instrumental music first:

More Ghibli-like instrumentals (3-gatsu no Lion in general has a really soothing and sort of melo music score):

Something ballad-y and Korean.

Something Jazzy with chill beats. But hiphopp-y/rapp-y, so I'm gonna put this as my out of genre suggestion.

That's it for now :bow: Hope you enjoy some of these~ IGN: NisseONE

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Omg its Death Parade OP!

6. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    7:34 AM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Yep haha! :D I've never seen Death Parado tho, so I didn't know it was an opening before after a while ~

7. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    2:34 PM
    Promise
    It’s been hard to pick these songs out among my current fav playlist, mainly contributed by friend/YouTube recommendations :)

Bonus: a chinese song~

I hope everyone else will enjoy these as much as I do~ Do check the lyrics out especially for the Korean songs & enjoy!~

IGN:fredaaaaa

8. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    2:34 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I don't listen to kpop but one of my favourites is piano-heavy:

I also really like the artist's (Moby's) description of writing the song: "While I listened to this arrangement, I thought about God moving over the face of the waters, when the Earth was new, before there was land and before anything was alive. The spirit of God, full of prescience and omniscience, seeing the emptiness and expanse of the new world, aware of all that’s there and all that’s going to follow. The life that will come, and the death that will end each life. The trillions of creatures who will come out of this ocean, all wanting to live as long and as well as possible, resisting death until the end. All the life and death and longing and heartbreak and hope.

I listened to the music, put my head on the plywood table, and cried. Then I lay down on the floor and curled up underneath the table, listening to the sound of God moving over the empty oceans, following a sun that never stops rising and setting. I couldn’t think of anything I could do to make the track better so I decided to record it as it was. I didn’t want to ruin it by overcomplicating it. I got up, found a tape, wrote “god moving over the face of the waters” on the label, put it in the tape recorder, and pressed “record”, listening and crying with my head on the plywood."

9. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    2:34 AM
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    My music selections are pretty one-dimensional but I hope you find one that you like MapleF14

IGN: Konnui

10. Exorcist

Exorcist Blue Snail

Oct 28, 2016
    2:34 PM
    Priest
    Hope you like these songs! :yay:
    IGN: Milady

• Like Like x 1
  11. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    1:34 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor

I couldn't really pick any jazz songs because I don't listen to them a lot, but I hope you enjoy some that I offered!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    6:34 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    I just love my Kpop.

Just a list of some of my faves, most are pretty mainstream though so i don't have my hopes up :p

and oops i posted 6.

13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Time to get real weird with it.

La Dispute - Woman (Reading)

Tanner Swift - I'm Losing Friends

Shane Koyczan and the Short Story Long - This is My Voice

Streetlight Manifesto - Point/Counterpoint

The Decemberists - The Mariner's Revenge Song

ign Alyosha

14. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Oh I wanna try. However I refuse to go sasaeng and lose my individuality. Instead I'll suggest my own favourite songs, because I am a risk-taker (And I don't particularly like K-pop at all)

This song also has an English version. If you happen to like that one better this better still counts for me!

Actual song starts at 0:28. But the video is cool to watch, it tells lore.

15. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I don't think we have the same music taste, but here are some music I found from this channel that I recently discovered that I really like. I tried to pick ones that sound more jazzy. Hope you like it. MapleF17

16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Here is t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶s̶p̶e̶l̶ a great song to begin the day for a fellow comrade:

lesser capitalists

idk how to do spoilers xd

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw

18. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters

Ok, so I don’t know if we were destined to meet or something, but I I’m low on mesos and you like kpop. But I like it more so this will be good haha. A bit of a background on me before we get started; I’ve listened to every album that has released since October 15, 2016 from about every group including B tracks, I have over 600 kpop songs on my playlist (500 from modern groups, about 70 from Big Bang 2007 generation and up), and I have a youtube channel that does kpop reactions https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwBYl7In_17sgKHw-3JQHcw (I’ve never given my channel link anywhere else but then again I don’t know many people that are hardcore into kpop either lol)

Looking over your playlist we have very similar styles, so I’m gonna recommend to you what I believe are the best B track songs that you would love instantly. I usually give a song about 10 seconds to hook me and I have a very unique taste, so my choices I know should be pretty good.

1. Triple H - Show Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtrOVDBTos

This is the #1 song I’ve been listening to nonstop over anything. It is a B track off of Triple H’s recent Retro Futurism release and has your old school hip hop vibe combined with Standard funky Kpop and godly Hui vocals. I’m not usually a fan of slower paced songs but this melds everything so well and that old school vibe puts it over the top.

2. LOONA/yyxy - love4eva (feat. Grimes) + (G)I-DLE - I WANT TO KNOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIWpr3tHzII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vineaHPOGJU

I just realized 5 isn’t enough for me to put everything I want so I’m gonna list some in pairs if that is ok, only cause they remind me of each other when I do listen to them. I saw that you liked (G)I-DLE’s recent come back LATATA which is on course with one of CUBE’s better releases. This song is like that exact opposite and gives a more sincere and dreamy vibe, instant stan after I listened to this. Now I’m not a fan of LOONA and I really don’t like them, but I know when I hear good kpop music and this is it. You have a very catchy beat which is significantly different than from each of their individual releases and it’s not too bubbly. It remind me a lot of APink in that sense.

3. Shinhwa - Mannequin + Alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVo-o35FtPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-JumEQOreM

I’m gonna put both of these on one line because I feel like you can’t listen to one without the other. Looking through your playlist there doesn’t seem to be much feel for older generation artists and Shinhwa is the oldest of them all so I would love an input on how these make you feel. These 2 songs don’t sound old and could probably compete with today’s music. Very mature and the transitions to the chorus is absolutely flawless, you won’t find songs like these again.

4. Red Velvet - About Love + EXID - Too Good To Me + Weeknd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQFDXWsxAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsXZoWKqMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vX_rvGESA

The fourth spot was probably the hardest and it got me to thinking what makes good Kpop B tracks and can popular artists pull off really good ones without subjection to all the hype that surrounds them. It needed to be something that has a consistent tone, makes you feel like you are in love or you just came from a date and IT HAS TO BE CATCHY. All of these songs fit into that criteria and show off hidden vocals especially from Hani!

5. Big Bang - Everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq6BQMciQi8

No it’s not everything by Big Bang haha But if you haven’t heard some of their older songs thnn I highly recommend it. This song in particualr is one of their most underrated songs of all time and it’s one of my favorites. I could not recommend Big Bang without it. Just fyi, Big Bang is my favorite group of all time and seeing them grow, this song continues to be one of my centerpieces.

These are my *Cough* 5* submissions which I went through lengths to piece for a fellow kpoper. My ign is GhenghisKhan and feel free to message me through here or Youtube if you wanna keep in tabs haha :pinkbean:

• Like Like x 1
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta

WAAAAAAAAVESSSSSS

• Like Like x 1
  20. iLovKimberly