1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

So, old school Maple once again.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by RainbowYarn, Jan 14, 2020.

1. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    5:14 PM
    But upon starting the game for the first time, which class should I pick?

I was thinking Hero or Dark Knight, or even going back to my old first-love, the amazing Bowmaster. Haven't tried Marksman, though, so there's an idea. Or even a Night Lord?

Would be nice to play a class that can attack up close, but it's hard to choose between Heroes and Dark Knights, though I could try a Buccaneer instead.

Can't stand making a mage to get mesos, and not a fan of HP washing, though I have already read into the guides available and how much it's needed/not needed for classes.

What do you people think? Lots of choices, but only one can be chosen.
    It's decision time, people.

Good day/evening to everyone all the same.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    10:14 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    When I first joined MapleLegends, this guide was helpful for picking a class: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/all-classes-summary.23640/

This is a neat one too: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/class-tier-list.27260/

But I played Bishop in GMS and started off with Bishop this server, I say for your first character you should pick a class that you like to play! Warriors need less washing which is good for beginners, mages also don't need washing. Bowmasters and NLs are both popular for boss runs if you like doing that.

Welcome to the server btw!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    1:14 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'd recommend a Shadower over all other close range attackers.... I haven't tried a Bucc either though.

4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    WELCOME!!

i started off with a bowmaster because that was what i played in gms, 10/10 would recommend, didn't wash much & it's worked out fine.

i'd say that heroes are easier to fund (at least until late game). dark knights can eat up a lot of pots!! BUT WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, enjoy your time here

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For people who can't stand making mages and are not a fan of washing, there really is no better class for you to choose than shadower.

Shadowers don't need washing, and don't need a mage either (they can farm very well themselves).

With any other class, you will definitely feel some pain in late game if you do not wash or farm the best in slot HP equips. For shadowers, you will not feel this burden as much.

6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:14 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    For similar reasons that akash pointed out above, I would also say that hero is another good option. In addition to not being heavily washing dependent and have the ability to farm reasonable well on their own, warrior classes gain access to mannequins very early on, which is an essential money making method you will definitely need if you plan to progress without a mage.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    5:14 PM
    So many lovely replies.

I do think about going back to lovely archers, but keep thinking I will regret it if I don't HP wash. Though I could just try a Marksman for funsies.

Hero
    Dark Knight
    Bowmaster
    Marksman

Think I shall go look at Shadower gameplay pre big bang and see how they are.

Thank you my incredible friendy friends of friends.