1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

how much mesos do you need to play? how much to be considered rich?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hellomaple, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Hellomaple

Hellomaple Red Snail

Sep 20, 2023
    4:48 AM
    Hi guys, read some old threads on the economy and how there is inflation.

Just want to get an idea of how much mesos you need to play comfortably. Also how much mesos before you consider yourself rich?

2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:48 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    What is your idea of comfortable playing?

3. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:48 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    There's no such thing as rich, just able to afford bigger gambles!

For me, the point of "being comfortable" was the point at which I knew I had the means to re-make any money that I was sinking into leech.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  4. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    10:48 PM
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    Don’t worry about mesos, they will flow in naturally as you go. When leveling up your character it isn’t needed to have the best gear. Make an upgrade here and there in the early game if the preformance/meso ratio makes sense. But let most of your meso pile up and start getting gears as your reach 4th job.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/valuable-scroll-quest-list.17708/

I would advise to check out this post. Here are some decent scrolls you get get from questing to give yourself a little kickstart.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:48 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    you need no mesos to play; being rich is just some relative metric. inflation threads only exist because some people come back from like 5 years ago and are shocked prices went up. kinda like waking up from a coma

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    10:48 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    U need like 5-10m to play. Being able to afford pots is all u need

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Based on the current market for me, it’s about 3bil meso worth of gears to build 1 character to a state I’m satisfied with. Anything beyond is luxury upgrades.

I wrote the gears composition for 100m, 1bil and 3bil here:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ade-curve-be-changed.51122/page-5#post-347529

I feel I’m be able to play comfortably with 100mil meso to try out any character casually.

Hope this gives you some idea for you to consider if your character is rich.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:48 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    think about 4th job low lv (135-150) so let's say, you don't need to have very strong gear to do zakum, krex, 3 man jc (lv 145+), grind in 7f (depends on the attacker), and less gear to farm something you see in journal, nightghost, zombies, lucky charm, ores, etc..

9. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
    As you progress, you'll obtain etc and some drops to help with some potions/return scrolls. You can also sell fame for a bit of meso. There's also an abundant quests and in that link mentioned for quests that give good rewards. Gachapon tickets will drop as you grind and sometimes you'll get probably one from hitting one random mob with a skill passing through a map. Gachapon can give good scrolls and items and can help you fund your gear and items as you continue.

For me, to play comfortably is not have any worry about the small things like running out of potions and not enough mesos for a taxi or to go someplace.

10. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    1:48 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Honestly I am a very casual player (1 attacker, 1 bishop), I don't sell leech, I boss maybe 1-2x a week, and after a few years have maybe like 600mil? It's not hard to make money, I've never had to worry about not affording anything. Since minibosses also drop prestigious coins, it's not hard for newer players to ramp up and make money. You don't need to sell leech or anything tbh. I just participate in events and stuff and sometimes I get lucky in the raffle. :)

Although take this with a grain of salt, as I play a Shadower so my pot usage is pretty much nil.

11. OP
    OP
    Hellomaple

Hellomaple Red Snail

Sep 20, 2023
    Like someone else mentioned, being able to buy pots without worrying about mesos. I would add that being able to buy decently scrolled weapons and equipment every 5 or 10 levels as well.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Hellomaple

Hellomaple Red Snail

Sep 20, 2023
    Wow what??? I saw the breakdown and honestly those items look really godly. Do most lv120+ people walking around have 1b+?

13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    There was a point I was playing my mage with less than 1m and it was still totally playable, I could do all the usual stuff except couldn't really boss cause it's pretty expensive on mage. I'd say to be totally comfortable on an arch mage you really only need around 1.5m.

14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I spent 900m just on MW20. I don't think I have more than that in equips but idk.

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    money is relative, everyone starts somewhere

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    If you play a mage and grind your way to 4th job at appropriate maps, 1-2bil is quite attainable at lv120 for the current market.

When I grinded my first character, a Bishop, to lv120, I had accumulated about 1bil. Everyday I’d grind for an hour or 2, and earned 10mil or so, over the period of 3 months. That’s when many of the valuable scrolls cost half as much, and the old gacha rate was pretty bad. So you should expect to get more overall now from gacha.

There are places where you can consistently earn 10mil+ meso per hour solo farming, which I did over the span of 3-4 years on/off with 0-3 hours of play daily to my current state.

17. thechild

thechild Timer

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    4:48 PM
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    You don’t necessarily have to worry about mesos at a start out. There’s a few replies here that have some good guides for early game quests, scrolls etc. Really what I found was just collecting gach tickets as I was hunting and lvling my chars to 35. Then it was lpq until I got glasses, then over to epq for the earrings. Both pq’s generated mesos to help out scrolling gear as you approach lvl 70. After epq it was opq, same thing there with a good chance to scroll a good att glove. After opq at 71, I just grind for xp - gach tix along card hunting allowed me to gain a lot of mesos over time and made it comfortable for me to enjoy the game. So it does come naturally. Not to mention higher lvls with bossing comes prestigious coins, which sell for 3.3m ea - vast amount of mesos made quickly.

Some aspects it could also come down to which class you pick. Generally mages are the most expensive when it comes to scrolling gear or buying scrolled gear in the market. Generally everyone else is pretty reasonable when we talk about class related. If we go into commons like pink adventurer capes with 10+ att stats, then we are talking a lot of mesos.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  18. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:48 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    As everyone else keeps saying money is relative and directly tied to your goals within the game.

Level 50 and under 50m will feel like an endless barrel of meso, meanwhile because of the stage of the game I'm in now I just yeeted 700m on 2 scrolls (chaos) and I'm slowly working my way back up.. but even then, there is players that wouldn't blink blowing up 700m. Again, its relative.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Contrepois

Contrepois Red Snail

Jul 2, 2023
    Male
    Honolulu
    10:48 AM
    Contrepois
    Bishop
    Toilet
    It's relative, I agree. I think you just need enough for pots to continue on your grind or help with PQs. For example, I saved enough before lvl 100 on two chars just to be able to afford leech to get me to 4th. I easily blew 100mil at the leech stage I'm in, which is a lot to a starting player and minimal to a veteran.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    Beginner
    most people started with 0 meso, other than those that gets "inheritance"