1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information November 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Nov 26, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    10:12 AM
    What do you think the individual will decide on? Based on the calculation here
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-dpm-comparison-guide.48863/
    Even a 15% increase in dpm for mages (incredibly geared) will still result in mage being >10% worse than the worst attacker. Hence I don't see much incentive in more people gearing mage mains. For the bosses you mentioned that IL excels in, they are already pretty good there, did the meta shift much?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    10:12 PM
    to be able to be "best" attacker in certain bosses while being best farming class sounds like an awesome deal. tho it takes a while to get to NT levels

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    7:12 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I can't tell you why people play classes. It's clear many people on this thread do not value being strong or optimizing their gameplay. I'd imagine people will play whatever they have fun playing. Keep in mind you're not factoring in the extra 50% damage from Ele weakness and the ability to ignore weapon cancel.

If you're asking if mages will become a meta bossing class, then my personal opinion is no, their primary way of generating value is multimage farming and leeching. The "meta shift" you're looking for won't exist in the short term as there are not enough geared mages that actually run boss content, and it's something we'll likely see take effect in the long run as more people invest in bossing mages. I don't think there's any issue with creating strong niches for mages in bossing similar to Heroes, though, and it's nice that they now have content where they're the absolute best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    From level 120 to 129, any reasonable mage looking to level up will be putting their points into their ultimate skill, which, btw is completely unaffected by the changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    5:12 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    what the fuck is this logic LMFAO

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. Kiaraaa

Kiaraaa Chronos

Apr 5, 2018
    Female
    Kiaraaa
    Bishop
    Pasta
    can someone enlighten me as to why low level casual mages need big bang and their single target attack for?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:12 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    They don't. :)

Furthermore, it seems to me that DrChuchuDrChuchu's post already gave an answer with regards to the feelings of poor lvl 130 mages being shafted. Clearly there's only a fairly minimal investment necessary to essentially break even. Anything above it is just damage gained, which (with regards to bossing) was definitely deserved.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Idk about single target or BB but cl is extremely useful for farming and finishing off mobs

9. Kiaraaa

Kiaraaa Chronos

Apr 5, 2018
    Female
    Kiaraaa
    Bishop
    Pasta
    hmmm... then why are people getting all upset about the change

Correct me if I'm wrong, there's 2 parties that were upset about this change?

1) Low level mages
    2) high level but low-funded/butt naked mages

TBH, if you're low level i don't see any situation where you need to utilize your single target attack and/or bigbang & by the time you hit higher level, you should be able to breakeven + gain potential % dmg bonus provided you fund it correctly... which seems to be a buff right there. Being high level and not funded at all to even breakeven.. you probably do not care about that char and possibly a mule for farming, leeching or whatever. Meaning, you don't need bigbang and/or single target skill.

So, tell me why are people yapping so much about this change with regards to a character they don't care so much. Mage main deserves this buff considering the amount of time & spending & effort put in to make us viable in bosses. If you're bossing with minimal gears that can't even hit the benchmark to breakeven... then may i ask why are you there in the first place? If you truly care about your mage, you will at least be somewhat funded.

It's just really saddening to see people who probably give 0 fucks about developing a mage complaining so much about a change they probably won't get affected by.

P.S i just had to say something after reading 12 full pages of posts on this thread.

FYI, we mages know that we are not one of the meta classes for bossing. We fund so much because we are passionate about the class. Go fund a NL if you want to be meta instead. [Keeping in mind it doesn't mean we cant do as well with enough funding and mechanics]

Cheers :)

• Great Work x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I get it. My mage was unfunded when I made it like 6 years ago so I started off as a LUK mage, but as I got funding I reset my LUK into INT. This way I saved a lot of mesos while barely sacrificing damage. Newer mages can still do this to optimize their funds once they get to level 13x and want to consider bossing. I imagine even committed LUK mages such as yourself only have around 50 base LUK so it wouldn't take particularly long to reset it if you want to upgrade (compare this to how long it takes a ranged char to wash their HP). I concede that much of your previous funds going into hard-to-sell LUK gear is unfortunate. I do still believe that you are part of a small group of high-leveled LUK mages though (if I am wrong, then a market indeed exists for your gear should you want to upgrade).

11. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Dark Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    this is my luk mage single target dpm after the update. I was not able to find ss of my dpm prior to the update but I do remember testing it and it seems lower now. (maybe I'm remembering when SI increased casting speed not sure though...)
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is impressively low tma!

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You seem to be over LUK'd by 15 to wear the Elemental Staff (165 req LUK).

Just to offer a contrasting reference, here's my dpm on my 192 LUKless bishop as I transition from my HP gear to INT gear. All my INT gear is self scrolled over the years, so I consider them passively gained and not really an investment of sorts. Definitely nowhere close to a mage main. This bishop was a slave to skele leech and is now being used only for PB muling, hence the hp gear. I just wanted to see how much of an impact gear had on my DPM.

Also realized I closed my stats bar on the 3rd image - it was when I equipped my elemental wand instead of my NT wand.

upload_2023-11-29_8-47-59.png
    upload_2023-11-29_8-48-9.png
    upload_2023-11-29_8-48-22.png
    upload_2023-11-29_8-48-32.png
    upload_2023-11-29_8-48-45.png
    upload_2023-11-29_8-49-4.png

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 7
  14. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    contrary to popular belief, I'm actually a very casual player :p. I also have hp equips on.

Interesting how you're able to do more dpm with less magic. That doesn't seem fair...

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    Being punished for being higher level does not seem fair at all, this needs to be looked at.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:12 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    this allows for a new kind of oddjob build where instead of scaling up you can scale the other way

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    The punishment is actually for the weaker gear

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I’m actually a little confused at your TMA, this is the same TMA as my Bishop at 196 with no cape, gloves, earring, eye, oa, shoes, or shield, and just a zhelm, HTP, ellin ring, t2 ring and a 168 tma wand. Are you actually using any equips?

19. WackyWarlock

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    +t10 and ellin ring

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i try to be a DEX mage for a bit but seem hard to have a little MP to defend myself to high level mobs but who know if i going to return be a DEX mage again because will be fun to have heal skill while doing close combat.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1