1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fun Times Soloing Most of Horntail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aaronis, Jan 15, 2019.

1. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    8:44 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    What started as a normal Horntail run quickly went bad after our bishop dc'd and our DK and BM died all before we had even started hitting post-tail Horntail. Our sin decided to leave since no SE and HB is rough leaving just two shadowers to do 90 percent of Horntail. Until this happened [​IMG]
    Making the foolish decision, I guess I decided to stay and solo the dragon even though it was pretty healthy and dealing with seduces when you're alone is a huge pain. It was about 40ish minutes into the duo and it took another 30 minutes to get a single body part down,even while using apples.
    [​IMG]
    The nice thing about shadowers is that they can hit 4 body parts of Horntail so during this early part the health bar dropped pretty quickly, especially because i had some apples. Seduce was the most dangerous things, but leaving Cornian summons at the bottom helps a lot because you tank them instead of actual Horntail hits if you get seduced to the bottom of the map. It took a while, but after the right arm dies it gets easy for a bit as you don't have to deal with seduce until you get to the left side. I only had a limited number of apples, so I just used some stews until the right head died.
    [​IMG]
    After the middle head gets low enough it starts dispelling which is annoying since without meso guard on I could just die, especially if I'm seduced, so at this point I decided to most hit the middle head from the right side despite the fact that if I were on the left I could hit all three body parts at once. The left arm also dispels after a certain HP threshold so I don't want that to trigger too, since having to deal with 2 dispel timings and the seduce timing would be annoying.
    [​IMG]
    Despite already whacking it for a long time it took another hour and a half to finally kill that middle head and start doing the left side of Horntail. This was honestly probably the hardest part,since I had no Cornian summons to protect me and the left hand dispelling meant I had to pay lots of attention since the dispel animation isn't as obvious as the middle head's (tbh I still don't really know what it looks like). After the arm is low enough it also starts randomly seducing everyone in the map, but since I was alone all that it meant was I would randomly get seduced twice in a row and my timers would get messed up(seduce is every 3 minutes so the random seduces messed with me a lot). One useful thing that saved me was to not using haste when there's a chance of getting seduced in order to reach the sides faster, since there's rocks on the right and left side that hit for a decent amount of damage. It took around an hour to kill the arm and after that it was pretty easy, since the head alone doesn't do much. Killing the head was pretty awful though since I ran out of apples a long time before. There were a lot of times I almost died throughout the run but shifter and high avoid is a lifesaver.
    [​IMG]
    After about six and a half hours since I started whacking it, the dragon was finally dead.
    I used around 12 apples, 400 hp and mp pots(lol not bad for 6 hours), and 20 stews for Genesis 30, 15 percent EXP, and a card. I don't half enough HP for a full solo and I don't think it'd even be possible in the 12 hours(preheads are awful for shadowers because of terrible single target damage). I'm also honestly surprised my internet didn't die once during the 8 hours I was in here. I guess this shows how strong shadowers are, being able to survive throughout all this with no bishop or hyper body and minimal washing(7 base int). R>for Naise's all shadower HT run, if this is the power of one just imagine the power of multiple! If anyone has any questions about the run or shadowers in general feel free to ask, I'm a noob shadower, but I'll do my best.

Bonus clip of the most unlucky seduce that's ever happened to me in months of HT, which happened early in the run when people where alive! https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareFitAnacondaSSSsss
    1/1 while jump seduce ending with me whacking straight into the head, oof.

• Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    9:44 AM
    Shadower
    All hail our dumb shadower god aaronis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  4. OP
    OP
    aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    ty smokescreen

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    y didn't u bomb 200m u dingo

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    11:44 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    best advice from the og ht solo legend (rip blackape)

7. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    11:44 AM
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    so prooooooo <3 my idol

8. Keenan

Keenan King Slime

Jun 1, 2018
    Male
    USA
    Keenan
    RIP Cornian brothers BibleThump

9. OP
    OP
    aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Make HT timer great again.

• Funny x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    can we bring back 12 hour timer so my boy ZooploopZooploop can solo ht it is his dream

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    12:44 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  12. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    Your time has passed old man, go back to reminiscing about how in your day people would make remarks about Op4Bish for being awful at ht whether he would dc or die every run earning his reputation.

Yet no one seemed to think that was harassment or bullying and SelquinSelquin definitely didn't get banned for it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    3:44 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Sir what is this C R I M E you are suggesting?

670005443577380874.png
    Straight to Osslock jail.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carousel

Carousel Slime

Nov 27, 2021
    Kyou
    I'm not even in the osslock thread and yet here we are. Can't escape fate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:44 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I miss 12hr HT timer when we didn't need to rush for time limit and chill a lot, also even can try some crazy stuffs which was big challenge. It was shocking to see HT timer became 2hr after my coming back from years break. Even zak has 4hr timer!

Please do not meme 1h HT timer when

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023