1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP Washing Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Pepsi, May 15, 2015.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:51 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
  2. iCue

iCue Blue Snail

Jun 18, 2020
    Male
    2:51 PM
    iCue
    Dragon Knight
    StepBros
    Hi, new to the server and hp washing in general. I just had a question. Would it be ok to add ap into hp without doing the 1ap/1apr method? So that the overall outcome is to add ap into hp and then wash it later when I have the required nx to buy apr's? Or is it better to just save ap and wash when i have the nx to buy apr's?

3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:51 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So most of the time people just add into AP, and once they have the NX, buy resets and put it back into base stats ^^ There's no reason to wash it away immediately, so yup that's totally fine :D

4. iCue

iCue Blue Snail

Jun 18, 2020
    Male
    iCue
    Dragon Knight
    StepBros
    Oh okay haha, thanks for the info :D, helps a ton.

5. Aakke

Aakke Snail

Jan 31, 2021
    Male
    9:51 PM
    I don't get this wtf

6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:51 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Any specific parts that you don't understand? Or is it everything in general? :OO

7. FYOU

FYOU Red Snail

Mar 13, 2021
    Male
    11:51 AM
    FYOU
    Camper
    I'm a thief right now and I don't really know how all this works so I've just been spending every stat on INT with the exception of the required 25 DEX to become a thief. I'm currently level 12 with 47 INT (46+1). How much INT do I need to achieve before I can start adding into LUK and HP? I just started back into this game so this is my very first character which means I don't have any high INT equips or mesos. Again, I'm not sure how all this works yet so I'm just adding my AP into INT blindly so if someone can tell me how much INT I need to reach before I can stop that would be a godsend.

8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:51 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You don't know how much int you need if you don't know how much hp you want to get.

9. FYOU

FYOU Red Snail

Mar 13, 2021
    Male
    FYOU
    Camper
    Fair point. How about 25K HP? Again, this is the first time I've ever heard of this concept so I don't really know what is considered a good amount of HP for a thief, so I don't have a number in mind. I guess just enough for me to be able to participate in bosses. Let's just say 25K hp. How much INT do I need?

10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:51 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    If 25k is your goal and you have no int gear you can keep adding int (and mp washing) until lvl 80 and re-evaluate then.

Give this thread a read though because 25k is prrtty crazy.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washing-to-be-optional-on-maplelegends.26370/

11. FYOU

FYOU Red Snail

Mar 13, 2021
    Male
    FYOU
    Camper
  12. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:51 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    You will need to MP wash. There's an exact number for your INT that will make your NX cost lower, but I'm not sure about it. I know that around 280~350 seems good for 25k+ HP goals. In any case, you will reach there if you MP wash, just can use a little more NX (not much difference for who wants 25k HP XDXD).
    Msg me in game and I can help you if you need me!
    IGN: FaeL or FaeLHS.

13. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    isn't pirate hp gain 16~20?

14. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Welcome to 2024!

This post frequently comes up in Google searches when players are learning about washing. This guide does a great job introducing the concepts of HP Washing, but falls short when explaining to players what they should actually do, especially for classes that don't use "Fresh HP Washing" such as thieves, corsairs, mages, and archers.

What has changed since this post was written?

1. The game's roadmap now includes the HP Challenges feature, an alternative to Washing that allows characters (especially those on their first play through) to be able to participate in most if not all end-game content. The largest impact here is that a.) it's now commonly suggested for first characters to do the challenges, while saving NX on a second account in order to make a washed character in the future, and b.) it no longer makes sense to wash to lower thresholds, as the gains at lower HP thresholds will be surpassed by the challenges.

2. The community has widely accepted that the Minimum HP Required for major bosses isn't always the best threshold. There are many, many different opinions as to what are the ideal thresholds, but generally the recommended Recommended HP for major bosses has increased.

3. As the server has grown older, more and more players are washing to higher thresholds. Most notable, a significant amount of those washing are now aiming for 30,000 HP.

4. Pink Bean is run, and defeated by top players every week.

What should I do next?

How to wash a character changes based on your class. For example, warriors use Fresh HP Washing, while buccaneers use MP Washing and Fresh HP Washing, and ranged characters use MP Washing and Stale HP Washing. Therefor:

This guide is a good starting point if you are a:
    • Hero
    • Paladin
    • Dark Knight
    Please be careful using this guide if you are a:
    • Bow Master
    • MarksmanArch Mage (Fire/Poison)
    • Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
    • Bishop
    • Buccaneer
    • Corsair
    • Night Lord
    • Shadower
    If you are getting familiar with the concepts of washing, and planning your character, I highly recommend Getting Started in MapleLegends. This guide will summarize how new players should approach washing, and what are the most common recommendations for a first character.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. Olliviers

Olliviers Blue Snail

Mar 19, 2024
    Male
    Ranger