1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends Master Quest - Skuire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Sep 29, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    5:13 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/20/2018 - You Are A Pirate
    Total Playtime: 90h -> 100h
    IRL: Sorry I'm way late on this one! I ended staying up until like 4AM last night PQing and at that point I didn't have the energy or willpower to edit everything together. Anyways, I didn't really play much maple TODAY (Sunday) but a tiny update detailing a couple things I did will be posted later tonight (I took a nap this afternoon, so I'll be up for a bit). SlimeGrin
    Today, as promised, we'll take down the remainder of upper Aqua Road! I'm anticipating the west side to be a little easier than the east was, not to mention much more colorful.

[​IMG]
    First, tho, we pick up a long overdue upgrade. Goodbye 8att glove, hello 10att. We're gonna be using this thing for a WHILE, so I thought I'd get it out of the way.

[​IMG]
    Hunt commence! You know, at first I didn't really like swimming here (even tho I did spent a lot of time farming Gobies on Skuire) but I'm really starting to like Aqua Road. It's a cool area with lots to see, the map layouts and spawn rates are solid, and the swimming isn't even that bad once you get used to it. It does help that, with Flash Jump, you can do a little shimmy along the ocean floor that speeds up your movement by a lot.
    As expected, almost every one of these monsters is extremely easy to max. It ends up taking only a couple hours to hunt everything, and now we're done with Aqua... for a long time!

[​IMG]
    (sorry if this makes your eyes bleed, I went kinda crazy)
    With our main objective done in short order, let's move on to the nearby Eos tower. We already finished up the Ludi surface and Toy Factory area, but there are still PLENTY of cards to hunt all the way down the tower. On the way there, we max out Samiho in KFT (I already had 4 of his cards) and the lovely Retz in Helios Tower.
    All of these Eos cards are pretty easy, with plain ol RATZ suprisingly being the most annoying. I swear, it took me almost an hour of farming these guys to finish them. We're not done here yet, but it's a great start.

O what's this, an invitation to PPQ...?

[​IMG]
    For a change of pace, let's do it! There's another reason, tho; There are like, five or six quests related to this PQ that if you don't do by level 100, you'll never ever be able to finish. Just like OPQ, finding a full squad for this party quest can be a pain sometimes, so it's a good idea to take the opportunity when you see it.

[​IMG]

We're gonna be here a while, so I decide to bust out the old pirate getup for the occasion. Eventually we assemble a DOPE party and are blazing thru PQs like it's nothing, all the while working on completing those pesky quests.

[​IMG]
    BDSM SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    PPQ is simple, but a lot of fun. It's too bad that, again like OPQ, a lot of people will never do it because grinding is just WAY better. Kimmy! Pls buff this PQ. I think the exp should be increased, and the REWARDS definitely deserve an overhaul - Lord Pirate should NOT be dropping so many DEF scrolls, just remove them altogether or at least replace them with something like HP - and the hat should take less PQs to obtain, especially the upgrades.

So after like six hours of PQing, we're able to finish every single related quest! The sad news is, unless I come back here at some point, I'll probably never do another standard party quest again... SlimeCry But the good news is that we don't have to worry about it anymore! SlimeGrin

To end things off, I wanna give a big shoutout to everyone who PPQed with me:

Malachite (for assembling the original party)
    Gael (for telling me what I didn't know about the quests)
    dedu (for being a funny guy and sticking thru to the end)
    AverageJO (for absolutely CARRYING our party thru lightning fast PQs)
    remiss (for moral support, even tho u didn't do much damage)

Thanks guys, you are all Legends!

[​IMG]
    With that, the adventure continues. Next time let's finish up Eos Tower and maybe even get ourselves a Tier 4 ring!
    OnionBye

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/21/2018 - Tiny Update
    Total Playtime: 100h -> 100.5h
    IRL: If you didn't catch my Saturday update, scroll up! I posted it earlier tonight. This post will just be a little interlude for the sake of consistency (and for me to talk about a couple of things).

I'm totally burnt out from PQing for over 6 hours last night, but there's still a couple things I feel like doing.

[​IMG]
    For one, I pick up two new gears from the FM! We can't equip the NRC yet, but this will be our last DEX-less claw upgrade before transitioning to a DEX-oriented endgame build. It gives us good motivation to level, as well as getting a major expense out of the way for the next while.
    The OA just gives us more damage and was part of a package deal. SlimeGrin

[​IMG]
    After that, I hunt down one card JUST so I can say that we made progress today.

[​IMG]
    We'll be back in action tomorrow for some heavier hunting. Until then!

• Like Like x 1
  3. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    1:13 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    2:13 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    OPQ and PPQ did get a buff a while back in summer! (EXP values are 1x in the link below)

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/live-party-quest-changes-july-27-2018.22493/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheut

Cheut Red Snail

Aug 13, 2018
    Male
    7:13 AM
    Cheut
    F/P Wizard
    How did you lose fame from level 70-71?

6. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
  7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    The Rememberer in "Jay's Curiosity" also defames you when you give him the snail shell :( (but you get the fame back from other parts of the quest)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/22/2018 - Zzzzz
    Total Playtime: 100.5h -> 105h
    IRL: ajweisjiusjsh im so tired. u know how some ppl will brag about how sleep deprived they are all the time? like "o i only got 3 hrs of sleep cuz i was up all night working/studying/jacking off" ya lol thats bullshit. every1 needs sleep and if u dont sleep enough then ur life will be shit.

today i finished reading THE MARTIAN, tbh it was only OK and i would rate it a 6.5/10. that's a D. the survival aspect was compelling but i really wasnt into the sciencey parts and the humor was pretty obnoxious at points. maybe i would like the movie more??
    NOTE
    Since I started this thread, I've been writing these entries in an awkward and restrictive fusion of past and present tense. It's getting tiring to write that way, so today I'm going try writing things as they've already happened to see if I like it better that way. If not, I'll switch back!
    (If you care enough, you could let me know what you think, too!)

[​IMG]
    Last time we made it halfway through Eos Tower before falling victim to a major PPQ binge session, so naturally I wanted to finish that up. Pro tip: make sure u hunt all the "flyer" type enemies BEFORE u hunt Drumming Bunny, since stray bunnies are almost always found in the best maps for each flyer.
    Eos tower is COMPLETE! Except for Rombot, but I killed like twenty of them while hunting golems and got zero cards so yea... that one's gonna be WIP for a while.

[​IMG]
    For a break from card hunting, I went to check for Nine-Tailed Fox so I could complete his quest and whaddayaknow, I was finally able to snag him. Also got 1 card!

[​IMG]
    At this point I was at 114 total card sets so u know I was thirsty for T4. I headed over to Ariant to pick up some more EZ cards, was able to max out Deo, then spent WAYYY too long trying to get my last two sets from Iron and Reinforced Iron Mutae in Magatia. Got em eventually, but it was kind of a pain compared to the breezy monsters I'd just been hunting.

[​IMG]
    Regardless, we made it. Tier 4 Get! And I'm still just getting started...

[​IMG]
    Tbh tho, after like a week of JUST hunting cards, I'm starting to feel the burnout. I'm thinking we can make one final push for Tier 5 and then figure out what to do next from there.
    for now tho, im ded OnionDead

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blompan1

Blompan1 Blue Snail

Jan 27, 2016
    Male
    My man!! Been following your post since day one :p Enjoying this journey so far as i'm on a similar journey myself.
    I need to ask how you began the Dyle quest in kerning? I can't seem to find the pre-quest required as JM from tha Streetz doesn't have any Dyle quest for me?

10. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    Its from perion if im correct from the dancing with the balrog lil girl

11. Blompan1

Blompan1 Blue Snail

Jan 27, 2016
    Male
    What do you mean with dancing with balrog girl? Dancing with balrog is the warrior job adv. npc

12. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    Yeah theres this npc near the portal in the mid lane in perion a female npc

13. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Yo, did you make sure you're at least level 65 first? I believe the quest does start with JM.

14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/23/2018 - A Boy and His Blobs
    Total Playtime: 105h -> 108h
    IRL: Why are ppl afraid of "dying alone?" Tbh if ur not ready to die alone, then ur not ready to live together. Anyways, "Happily Dying Alone" would be a cool name for an album if I ever become a rapper.

[​IMG]
    Today I took on the blob-infested city of Singapore! First, let's take a moment to appreciate how NICE and CLEAN these monster cards look when blown up to 2x size compared to the absolute trash job that most other cards received. I totally wish they were all like this!
    Now for a quick tip: When hunting here, don't bother with Central Way 1 and instead go straight for Central Way 2 to hunt Biner, Stopnow, Batoo, and Nospeed ALL at the same time. Batoo is an annoyingly uncommon spawn, not to mention he flies, so be sure to give him special attention.
    And fun fact of the day: that fire extinguisher guy is the second monster we've hunted named Freezer.

[​IMG]
    Yea, that's all! Cards take time yo.
    Now that Shadow Partner is actually decent to use, I'm in desperate need of Summoning Rocks, so next time I'm gonna finish up Alcaster's fetch quest and try to hunt down a few stragglers in the Nath area while I'm at it. Then we can head back to blobtown! SlimeGrin

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    Awesome job so far! Couple days ago stumbled across this thread and it's really cool to hop in every now and then to check the progress you've made. Actually kinda surprised I didn't bump into you at blobtown, I was hunting in the lower level area myself around the same time SlimeGrin

All I've got left to do is collect a few more cards from tippos while trying to survive their pillars of poop.
    I think that's probably more so why the ghost ship was abandoned, sailors just couldn't be bothered to deal with their shit (pun intended) SlimeSweat2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/24/2018 - Book of Pain
    Total Playtime: 108h -> 111.5h
    IRL: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to feel the classic maple burnout in a major way. We've been at this thing for nearly a month now, and I've been playing a LOT. I mean, if I don't play a lot, then there's no way I'll ever complete any of my goals in a reasonable amount of time. But if I do, it might start to feel like a chore. Regardless, giving up is not an option. SlimeWink
    [​IMG]
    Like I promised, my main focus today was to get Alcaster's quest done so I won't have to worry about Summoning Rocks ever again! All Cures too. The quest itself revolves around finding a certain book and is VERY drawn out and I really don't wanna talk about it, so let's just pretend I talked to Alcaster and it was over. SlimeGrin
    I also picked up the remaining Orbis Tower cards on the way up and down.

[​IMG]
    OnionMuha

[​IMG]
    The Alcaster saga took a LONG time and pretty much drained my maple energy for the day, but I still grinded out a few cards in Nihal Desert for progress.

[​IMG]
    We just... need to... keep... pushing! Next time I wanna finish up the desert and hopefully blob city too. If you were wondering, I think we're about halfway to T5 at this point. Onward!

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  17. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    If you feel youre getting burned spice it up with other games or other characaters

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    DONT GIVE UP! IM CHEERING YOU ON!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Keep in mind, "reasonable amount of time" on the world's most famously grindful mmo is pretty subjective. It could easily take 1000's of hours to complete this game in the way that you want to. Take breathers bro :>
    Your thread here is awesome.

20. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    would you want to hunt some wolf spiders with me

• Creative Creative x 1