1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on gearing fresh luckless mage

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by jhealz, Jan 23, 2023.

1. jhealz

jhealz Red Snail

Jan 23, 2023
    Male
    7:22 AM
    jhealz
    Magician
    Hey everyone, my names jhealz!

I just downloaded maple legends a few days ago and got my warrior to level 29 and feel so unimpressed with the dmg compared to mages so I wanted to reroll (constantly missing is so sad lol).

I looked up the many guides on all the different luckless gear and noticed they are all kind of basic but just need scrolls (expensive). Since I’m new and don’t have much mesos, what should I prioritize trying to scroll first for someone who is broke. Also besides selling fame and leveling naturally, any other tips on making enough for scrolls?

I was thinking about scrolling in this order (prioing cheaper scrolls)

Scroll earring > scroll cape > weps > then worry about gloves/shield/helm/ovr later cause they are millions lol.

Any tips are well appreciated and the maple legends community I’ve interacted with so far has been so wholesome and welcoming, cheers and hopefully see you guys out there!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Mages do a great amount of damage even with minimal gear since their 4th job ultimates are so powerful. I didn't sell leech or merch hardcore for mesos. PQing is actually a good way to make mesos as sometimes you get valuable scrolls. I recommend buying cheap mage gears in the FM once you have some money saved up.

Cape ints are actually relatively cheap since the 30s drop from APQ like candy. I'd start there then focus on getting a zakum helmet.

As for the warrior missing issues, highly recommend dumping some AP into DEX (I think my baby warrior has like 50 or 69?) and using accuracy pots like sniper pills, helps a lot! :) Warriors also tend to be brought to bosses a bit more than mages unless you're talking about bishops.

If you need some help with gear I have a gear guide on the forum somewhere with info on mage gear.

3. OP
    OP
    jhealz

jhealz Red Snail

Jan 23, 2023
    Male
    jhealz
    Magician
    Thank you for the response!

I’ll focus on KPQ to make money and pray for a 10% ovr int so I can sell. I’ve seen lots of posts buying zakum carrys but not any sellers posting prices on runs.

I’ll also sell fame for 50k cause that’s what someone told me the rate was on the server so maybe I’ll make another character to 15 to get a better stockpile.

cheers!

4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:22 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Can easily sell your fame for 100 to 200k.
    Don't stress yourself on gear all that much as the differences in damage you'll do are quite minor early on and the cheapest way to get more damage is just by leveling up!

Saving some meso so you can make more meaningful upgrades later on is something I'd recommend

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:22 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    With all ap in int you can level easy with the upgrade gears you get in your way;

btw, talking as who begin a warrior from first char and was 100% unfunded, you can get some accuracy gear for pretty cheap, blue wisc. hat, sad mask (not scrolled or perf one), bathrobe (or warrior overall) with 100% dex scroll, fish spear til you get some points in mastery

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    jhealz

jhealz Red Snail

Jan 23, 2023
    Male
    jhealz
    Magician
    Oh wow 100k-200k for fame is a lot, I’ll probably level 3 characters to 15 just for that passive income lol ty!

My first goal will be to save for cape / earring scrolls cause those are pretty cheap and hopefully rng does a noob well.

I’m kind of over warrior haha, I’m hopping on the bishop train.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    10:22 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I would save up for a Zakum Helmet at LV50 and avoid spending as much as possible until then.

8. OP
    OP
    jhealz

jhealz Red Snail

Jan 23, 2023
    Male
    jhealz
    Magician
    Do you happen to know how much carry’s are ?

9. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    10:22 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I occasionally sell fame for 150k, but most days I just skip it since it's a bit of a hassle to find a buyer. If I new what I knew now, I wouldn't have spent the time to make my ~10 fame characters.

I highly recommend checking out these quests, as they can give scrolls which may sell for a nice price. Don't forget to cash your Gacha in at Ellinia for the INT scroll chance. I'd recommend waiting to scroll your gear - often it's better to sell your early scrolls in the FM, and spend that money on the best pots, and (sometimes) leech!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Americans

Americans Red Snail

Dec 15, 2021
    10:22 PM
    Go train at master chronos map and train/ farm. It drops helm for dex60% can sell for 6-8m

11. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    AFK is about 12mil the last time I bought zak helm, it could have increased though.

you can get 400k if your character isn't past level 30 https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/jump-start-your-maplelegends-adventure.28250/

If you need help with some mesos I'm able to sponsor you.

I'd still keep that warrior though, and hopefully you're made the mage on a separate account so that you can log on both at the same time.

12. OP
    OP
    jhealz

jhealz Red Snail

Jan 23, 2023
    Male
    jhealz
    Magician
    Thank you all for the tips on making mesos! hearing I need to save up 12 mil by level 50 sounded like a lot but who knows because 1 lucky scroll from KPQ can be 2.5 mil.

I was blessed by that kind soul already so I got enough for pots and travel!

I donated like 20 bucks just to show some support for a private server that has a nice community and no p2w so I made it on the same account so I can keep donor cash shop items. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:22 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    You can do some quest that worth for money, sakura and the marble, basic knowledge (this is lv 30, u can lv up both char to do it), ReVersal for nlc, and you will get around 20m til lv 4x ish

as you can survive zak (if you mage or warrior with light wash will be easy) u can trade zh from eof, i know some people that do it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    3:22 PM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Echoing the sentiment of not focusing too much on mesomaking but rather finding friends in game and making your levelling experience enjoyable. Imo the hardest part of mapling is to get your first character to 120.

Levelling can be divided into a coule of sections:

1-45 just surviving, arguably the most boring part.
    45-75 the gs2 grind, here you will make a lot of money due to not having to spend money on pots due to mp-eater. Selling drops and gachaing will net you some good profit.
    75/X-120 not going insane and look to where you can buy leech. This is the most challenging part of grinding as a priest and I would use the earnt money to look at buying leech just to net you 4th job. After 4th job it should be a breeze, just make sure you can get genesis.

Regarding gear, mages gets really insane dmg increase by only levelling so rather level than upgrade gear. Also there are very few gear that you can get early game which you will end up using later aswell. Z-helm will be probably free if you join a guild. Also check mirrors guide if you are interested in learning more regarding gear.

Haven't logged in for a while but if you need any guidance just hmu here or on disc Gus#1121

Hf mapling SlimeAngel

• Friendly Friendly x 2