1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill changes proposal ;D

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raso, Jan 30, 2024.

1. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:33 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    actually on a per hour basis bossing EV is likely to pass farming either this year or the next

as for upfront investment that's more subjective because different people have different discount rates

• Like Like x 1
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:33 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    In that case, I would LOVE for this suggestion to be accepted, as with higher single target DPM, all these mages would become much more viable as bossers.

Pls and thank you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    mage dpm is alr very strong, they don't need any more buffs tbh

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:33 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    imo only thing mages should benefit from rn is utility or some qol changes but dmg wise they're fine

meant to reply to krythan sorry idk how forums work on mobile

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  5. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    4:33 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    The trouble with rebalancing farmers to become bossers is that any particularly content only has a few roles, each with a best-in-slot class, and Legends is not very diverse in its content formula. The closer the class roster is becomes in purpose, the more extreme even tiny kit differences become. Moving mage power from farming to bossing doesn't result in a balanced sandbox even if it were done perfectly, because there are only 2 outcomes in the proposed scenario:
    1. Mages are the lowest boss damage class, and now their farming capability has been gimped. Feelsbad
    2. Mages are not the lowest boss damage class; Classes that are somehow lower on the DPM chart must be terrible because it's unlikely they're better at farming than even post-nerf mage

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:33 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I believe that the ultimates would be a bigger nerf for casuals than for veterans.

but I think maybe something along the lines of what Pippy said might work better

about demons, and other skills, it would be really cool to see a rework of this and them having some use on bosses (or something like that)

7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I think these types of balancing suggestions are just work-arounds to essentially suggesting to implement the big bang patch (which *did* fix all of the issues ppl commonly complain about) while still trying to call the server v62 ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:33 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    If staff were to go down this route (which I hope they don't, for reasons already expressed by others in this thread), I would hope this change comes paired with significant reduction to both cast time and hp/mp cost.

Otherwise I feel like sairs (6 mob full map attack for 60mp, significantly faster cast) and shads (for their overall good range and farming) probably just replace mages as the next 'overpowered farming classes'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    How about instead of nerfing mages you just invert all of their directional controls and change their key binding settings every time they reach the 5 cast stale limit

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    2:33 PM
    Endorphins
    instead of butchering mages and nerfing drks (one of the most struggling classes), how about making bossing more viable?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think we’re reaching a point where it’s difficult to compare EV 1:1 because the EV for a typical player doing an activity is going to be drastically different than someone else who has optimized the shit out of it. The EV for a typical “optimized” 6 man HT with a 1 hour clear time is like 25m an hour. The EV of a trio HT with strong duo attackers is like 50m an hour. Which is the “correct” EV to use in comparisons as a standard? Really hard to say. Same goes for duo/trio leeching. Multimaging isn’t the only form of multifarming anymore.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    that's right, bossing is ripe for a shakeup
    all about optimized farming vs optimized farming/leeching, that's why this thread is omega cope

but i hope people enjoy sharing the same market as multimage efficiencies become applied to bossing.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    Aight, Ill try to reply to some/most of you!

I picked these to ensure the affected classes would still have their mobbing capabilities but also a better single-target option. For the mobbing skills I personally thought it would make the classes more interactive than the usual "press ult 5x and move 1 pixel". Im no expert on any of this tho so as others have mentioned, there may be much better options than my suggestion.

This is definitely my lack of mage knowledge, thanks for noticing!

Shads are in a perfectly fine place, Id argue they dont need any buffs at all as they are already powerful. If anything, the multi-shad thing Im hearing about is the next thing to be tackled kekw

It sounds like you have more of a problem with me personally than with the post. Put your dislike for me away and just stick to the facts :) Anyway, the suggestion isnt for me, it is for the playerbase as a whole and I do not intend to strip mages completely of their identity.

This. I may not be as active as I used to be in this server, but I do care about the experience of other and future players. Im too damn casual to care about personal benefits.

Ive actually thought about this instead of the damage changes, but I lack the knowledge to make a meaningful and somewhat useable suggestion for that xD

Also shoutout to iPippyiPippy for the great reply. I believe that its spot-on ^^ (idk how to tag sorry)

In short: I do not intend to nuke mages as a whole, but to make the class more enjoyable. My suggestion may not be the best way, but Im already happy if it made people think about the current situation and what could be changed or improved Foxpat Your feedbacks also help me look at it in different ways!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    5:33 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    How can you claim you're making the class more enjoyable when you don't have a mage to base your opinion off?

Maybe we should make shads shoot blow darts because b step looks boring. It's for your own good shads, I know best.

Respectfully not you nor anyone else in this game keep me up at night over a pixelized game. I have yet to meet anyone that special.

Back to the actual topic you realize if this ever did happen, the crosshairs would be on a shad nerf since they're a close 2nd to multi mage right?

I have yet to see you speak up about proposed shad nerfs in your occasional smegas. Whats your opinion on that issue?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Have to say, RasoRaso you took the (sometimes very crudely phrased) 'feedback' like a champ

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    I like spamming the button where my character stands still and goes brrrr and 15 mobs die, and I'd be really sad if I couldn't do that any more.

When I look at balance changes from other servers, so many of them boil down to homogenising and NL-ifying every class into holding down one button (even more than they already are). I would consider it a massive mistake if Legends went this direction too. Classes should be more unique, not less.

There's some excellent room to improve mage bossing utility as Edann suggests, which would be a far more exciting identity shift than just making them better one-button classes. For me, class identity is about the feel and style of its gameplay, and old school maple is already extremely lacking in this regard, so we should be careful about touching class-defining skills.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    I/L and F/P 4th jobs are op in boss runs wdym. Last week i had 2 I/L's in a zak pt and i felt like it was faster than a normal pt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. thechild

thechild Master Chronos

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    pallys are unique :3

I honestly don't get why the element based classes don't get more attention to them? Do they still feel clunky and the skills aren't improving or worth for party buff sake? imo pallys, i/l and f/p mages are a class people are sleeping on. I can see more benefits from them than most but I guess it comes down to how well people play those classes bc even now they aren't as popular.