1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW RAFFLE SUGGESTIONS

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Smokedope, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    11:32 PM
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    it seems putting p coins in raffles w such a high drop rate tanked the economy big time. might i suggest w next raffles adding more scrolls wep att 30's ele wands sky skis things of that nature. things newer players can actually use and learn the market w during these events. w the massive influx of pcoins the coins are jus going right back into the hands of endgame players increasing strength for late game players while the newer players are getting cheated out of value by more experienced players.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    How hard has the economy actually tanked? I just see smegas for people offering to buy at 3mil. Not sure if anyone's actually taking them up on that offer. when pcoins came out they started around 2mil each before they settled at 3.2-3.3 where they've been the past year or so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    i jus feel like it adds no value to the game where as if they were to lower drop rate enter things like wep att 30s that drop often and ele wands and sky skis that actually promotes learning the game and actually playing rather than heres some p coin everyone gets richer. id be way more hype to get a ele wand as an up and coming mage while also generating more wands and sky skis into the game which in turn pump the economy w more weapons to use for mid- late game. jus my thoughts

4. OP
    OP
    Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    also i seen ppl rush selling for 2.5m i mean i guess it hasnt tanked ridiculously im prolly being a bit dramatic but i jus think theres better ways to pump the economy if thats all they're trying to do. more generated sky skis and ele wands i think would be better than more pcoins they were fine where they were at they didnt need to be messed with

5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Those same people would probably rush sell 30s and scam themselves anyways

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    yea but your flooding the market w random 30s in stead of jus singular p coin

• Like Like x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The % increase would be the same. The market for a lot of 30s isn't particularly large, and everyone would be printing from the same pool of 30s. You would see the same price reduction across the board, if not even more extreme. The coin market is pretty resilient to deflation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    2:32 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Hey smokeddope!

I think this is a great question.

However I think the ultimate premise is false, as somebody who tried to buy coins at 3 million and was unsuccessful. The price of coins is remarkably resilient.

Ultimately what new players would benefit from the most is a stream of income and P coins are a great way to do that.

My worry is that items that have fewer items in the market would be less price resilient. Which in turn would give a discount to higher level players because they would be able to buy these items at discount.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:32 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    the bulk price is held up because it was known the specific jq was only for a day

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:32 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Although I agree it would be nice seeing useful items in the market one also has to question the difficulty of selling those items. A perfect Sky Ski can be surprisingly difficult to sell, for the unknowing new player there is room for them to get ripped off thinking its junk and dropping/selling it for pennies compared to coins which price I think is widely known.

Coin value is (annoyingly) stable considering the last couple big events that flooded the market barely budged it from 3.4 down to 3.2

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    People were telling me it was going to crash the entire game over night, and not to sell anything from my HT runs in coins only meso

Like bruh this shits getting nerfed faster than I can farm it coins aren't gonna do anything

12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:32 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    now now we all know staff’s numbers say inflation so please toe the party line

13. OP
    OP
    Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    everything is fine they fixed their jump quest so the pcoin print machine is over

• Like Like x 1
  14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    tbh even last year during anni which was significantly more coin printing than this and for a longer period of time the coin price remained relatively stable. it would take something extreme to actually shift it

15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    2:32 PM
  16. reneeIRL

reneeIRL Red Snail

Feb 28, 2024
    Female
    Alberta, Canada
    reneeIRL
    White Knight
    Spirit
    As a completely new player to the server, it was nice to get a few coins for my first event since it let me know what they did and how the economy on this server works, but I totally agree that more useful drops like scrolls and potential weapon upgrades would feel more exciting to receive. I really appreciate the accuracy and damage pots tho. I wish I could spend some of the cosmetic currency on more useful stuff like that instead of just having it build up with nothing practical to purchase.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    2:32 AM
    Fara
    Paladin
    Is it really Deep Factory of Pcoins 6 that printed out too much pcoins? If youre cramming lots of bossing content in the same period youd probably around the same amount in pcoins with the time invested. If youre a mage and usually print mesos all day long and turned to DFoP6 for that day, imo that mean mesos worth rose. But being a single day thing idt its even worth considering the long term impacts ehich is already stabilised by that point

18. OP
    OP
    Smokedope

Smokedope Mano

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    Smokedope
    Beginner
    Freshstart
    Yea seems ppl are only replying to the part where I said p coin is tanking which I posted that it’s fine jq not broken anymore no one comments abt my raffle suggestions thoe sadge