1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Must-Have Quests for End Game Players

Discussion in '(Party) Quests' started by thedgafclub, Oct 25, 2020.

1. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    12:23 PM
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    So I'm embarrassed to say I didn't do a lot of these quests until level 170+ because I'm lazy, and I wanted to make this guide* as I was doing them in case anybody else in the same boat. These are basically the quests that will make your life easier as an end game player. SlimeEvil

*Click the links to access the individual guides
    Everyone:
    [​IMG]
    TheLegendary Spirit skill is important because it'll allow you to scroll items that you can't equip based on your level/stats/job class/etc.
    [​IMG]
    1. You're going to head to Sleepywood (or elsewhere) to talk to Eurek the Alchemist and activate his quest "The Wandering Alchemist Eurek's New Skill" - he's going to ask for a bunch of 100% scrolls, a Red Whip, and 1M mesos.
    2. You can buy the following from the NPC El Moth in Ellinia at The Tree That Grew III: Scroll for Helmet for DEF 100%, Scroll for Topwear for DEF 100%, Scroll for Bottomwear for DEF 100%.
    3. You can buy the rest from Tulcusin Kerning at The Swamp of Despair II: Scroll for One-Handed Sword for ATT 100%.
    4. The last thing you'll need, aside from 1M mesos, is a Red Whipwhich is dropped by quite a few mobs, or could be found in FM.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Keep in mind that if you have a White Scroll in your inventory, Legendary Spirit will have the box auto-checked to use it. To prevent accidental usage, I suggest putting White Scrolls in storage immediately or on mules that you won't be scrolling on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stop buying All Cure Potions from FM and save some mesos!​
    1. Start the quest by heading to New Leaf City then to Phantom Forest: Dead Man's Gorge to talk to Taggrin.
    2. He'll ask you to collect 50 Phantom Seeds, which are dropped by Phantom Trees.
    3. After that, you're all done and you can start buying All Cure Potions from Mo.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can egg your Horntail Pendant for +15 in all four stats.​
    1. Begin the "Hero's Mark" quest by entering Kumo's House in Leafre and talking to Kumo.
    2. Talk to Raul the Knight, who's at Wyvern Canyon, to complete the "Hero's Mark" quest and accept the "Dragon Squad's Mission" quest.
    3. Then, go to Peak of the Big Nest, climb up the rope all the way on the right upper platform, and enter the portal to enter Nine Spirit's Nest.
    4. Jump to the middle platform and a big egg will appear. Once you hit the egg, the Nine Spirit's Baby Dragon will appear so you can complete the quest.
    5. You'll be awarded a Dragon Stone. Use it like a scroll and put it on top of your Horntail Pendant, and you're done!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This quest is repeatable but only one Dragon Stone can be used per HTP. If you're sweaty, this gives you the opportunity to chaos the HTP twice and egg it with the last slot.
    Speed - Hog + Silver Mane Mount
    Speed - Faster v62 Pet (Kenta's Advice)

People who hate walking:
    Nautilus/Omega Sector Warp Card (Bartol's Request)
    Eos Rock Scrolls (Disgruntled Roly-Poly Worker)
    Orbis Rock Scrolls (Food-Hunting for Moppie)

Bossers:
    [​IMG]
    Hero's Will will enable you to shrug off abnormal conditions such as seduce, which is really important for running Horntail.​

1. Start the quest "Carta's Sin" by talking to Chief Tatamo in Leafre.
    2. From there, talk to Carta the Sea Witch who's in a hidden map in Aqua at Deep Sea Gorge I.
    3. She'll have you collect spirit rocks from a special map that can only be entered by turning in a Miniature Pianus (it took me two tries).
    4. After collecting 30 spirit rocks, talk to Carta then Eurek the Alchemist in Leafre.
    5. Eurek will tell you to hunt Griffey in Leafre for a Ragged Wristband and to acquire 10 Mithril Plates.
    6. After that, talk to Eurek again and he'll give you a Mithril Wristband.
    7. Give the Mithril Wristband back to Carta to unlock Hero's Will.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You should especially get this if you're a Shadower and are expected to be SED in Horntail.
    Equip - Ellin Savior's Ring (+100 HP)
    Equip - Tier 10 Monster Book Ring (+1000 HP)
    Speed - Skip the CWKPQ Jump Quest (Mark of Heroism)

Night Lords and Bishops:
    Item - ACPs, Summoning Rocks, Magic Rocks (Alcaster's Book of Ancient)

Mini Boss Pre-Quests:
    (i.e. bosses that are good to solo/duo for EXP, NPC-able drops, etc.)
    Ravana
    Papulatus
    Krexel
    Jiaoceng

Boss Pre-Quests:
    Zakum
    Scarlion/Targa
    CWKPQ (to be leader)
    Horntail
    NeoTokyo
    Pinkbean (Temple of Time)

If there's anything I should add, please let me know! SlimeAngel

• Great Work Great Work x 30
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:23 PM
    iPippy
    Off the top of my head, the quest to skip the cwk jq can be useful to some. And maybe a mention of trading leafre etcs for cheaper magic seeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Btw, the quest Kenta's Advice (the one that makes your pet the same speed as you) doesn't work for all pets since the quest is v62 and several pets we've imported are from later versions. So if you want to get the quest done it's probably a better choice to go with an older pet (for example, most event pets won't work). It's on our Todo list to fix but the devs have a lot of other issues to do atm!

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    9:23 PM
    Camper
    Is there a list of functioning pets anywhere? I have no idea what was imported and what wasn't

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is this why some pets have 5 slots for their equips while all others have 7 slots?

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    There actually isn't, I'll see if I can go ask the devs to yoink the code and see what pets are available for the quest .

This is really strange and I thought all pets were supposed to have 7 slots... can you make a bug report with the pet equips that only have 5 slots?

7. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Woah wait... where can you trade leafre ect. I never knew this >.<

8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    the info here appears to be accurate: https://maplewiki.net/index.php?title=Chief_Tatamo. You can trade in the drops from early leafre (basically anything kents and below), and if you trade enough you can lower the cost of your Magic Seeds. With how often the leafre->vic tele gets used, the savings do kinda add up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Holy thank you so much, i had no idea. Wish I knew that when i was completing my leafre cards

10. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
  11. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    3:23 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Errm just curious is the discount worth it?
    As in the total npc price of the etc you traded vs the discount you gain?

12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Depends on how much you use that portal I guess. The first few upgrades are easy enough, and can probably get them just by looting kent drops while searching for manons for ht. The amount needed spikes up each upgrade, so only the first few are probably "worth it".

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I did the math once with harp ETCs and it cost about 10m worth of pure npc to reach the max discount.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Takes 800,000 points to get to 8k per seed.

Kentaurus ETCs are 20 points each, so you'll need a total of 40,000 ETCs to get to 8k per seed. If you were to NPC the 40k ETCs instead, you would gain a total of 5.12m.

Going from 30k seed to 8k seed saves you 22k per use, so your break even would be ~232 trips (5.12m/.022).

Just feels bad if you stop playing that character, since the seed benefits can't be transferred to another character.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I might have used close to that amount of seeds already, especially since many of my trips are round trip. That said, it takes a lot of effort to harvest that amount of etc, unless you doing harps leech, old school. Just loot the kent drops from manon thay everybody leaves behind, they add up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. tsugumo

tsugumo Mushmom

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    United States
    Tekyuu
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Good job ana2

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Thanks! I included that he was in Sleepywood since I was only referencing the scroll sellers in Kerning and Ellinia, but I'll add that he's available elsewhere as well. SlimeWink

18. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    4:23 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Jiaocheng??????????? isnt it jiaoceng? pog

19. OP
    OP
    thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

Sep 23, 2019
    Female
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Woops I fixed it. Thanks for pointing out the typo!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    3:23 AM
    Bishop
    -
    Time to add TOT into this