1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a common maple journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by GIMORING, Sep 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:02 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    akashskyakashsky you heard it here first, csing is player skill issue :')

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    8:02 PM
    Ahh, I haven’t reach the Chaos Scroll part yet. Right now probably just 100-200mil of uncalculated gambles. Calculated ones are when I intend to make profits and use the profits to buy the items I actually want.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    5:02 AM
    AinzAinz It's not fair, some people are born with talent and some are not. SlimeAngry
    Bring communism back! Nerf everybody with 10+ PGC SlimePoliceSlimePoliceSlimePoliceSlimePoliceSlimePolice
    Our cape.jpg

kiwizkiwiz That's smart. That way you don't feel so bad when you lose your money, kinda like going to Vegas and saying you'll spend X amount. Of course, you could always win and I guess that's the variety.

4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:02 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Never gamble money (or items) you can't afford to lose, kids!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    The purpose of this journal is to record my journey of reaching my goals.
    My goal in this server is to make a "complete NL" and be "self sufficient".

Everyone's definition of a "complete NL" is different. Here is my take:
    1. 30K HP / 5K MP. Able to experience all content, able to spam attacks without worrying about MP.
    2. All quests complete, helping the citizen of maple world. Pressing Q should show no available quests.
    3. Monster Book Ring at Tier 10.
    4. End game gear. Currently, my goal is to have gear with total value of 15,000 Prestigious Coins.
    Everyone's definition of being "self sufficient" is also different. Here's my definition:
    1. Since I am maining NL, I will make a BM so that I don't have to beg for SE like a peasant.
    2. I also need a Bishop for the same reason... to not beg for HS like a peasant.
    3. Able to clear low level bosses solo by triple clienting. This includes Zak, Krex, and Wulin (Jiaoceng), etc. This means my other characters should also be strong to a certain degree. I want my BM and Bishop to be geared and washed, preferably to 30K HP if possible.
    4. Not be reliant on a guild. I think I'll make my own guild and have no one join it.
    In the journal, I talk mostly about my goals and what I am doing to achieve them, but I also about how I think and feel while playing maple. I also have a button at the end of every journal entry that shows my progress at the time of the post. It's honestly not too interesting, but I would be happy if you enjoyed it.

Entry #5.

09/23/23, 3 PM.

After passing MW20, I've decided to sell leech for a bit to level up my Bishop. My Maple Warrior is 19 now, so I'll go back to card farming. I've decided to follow moominsmoomins' guide in terms of gearing my current Bishop. If I ever make my HP-washed Bishop, it will be much later than any of my other characters due to NX costs. Therefore, it seems unwise to pour billions of mesos on Mage gear especially when I need to gear my future Night Lord and Bowmaster as well. There was a 180 TMA Elemental Wand 6 for 500m that I was really tempted to buy, but in the end I chose not to and opted for a 168 TMA Elemental Wand 6 for 60m.

I forgot to say this on my last entry, but I decided to make a Bowmaster instead of a Marksman. Here are my reasons why:
    • I was worried about not having enough AoE if I went with a Bowmaster, but I realized that I can just take care of AoE damage with Bishop's Genesis.
    • I don't think I can time Snipe every X seconds while controlling both MM and NL. But I can reposition Hurricane while looking at any screen because a boss will attack all characters with the same attack animation.
    • My 3-man team requires a Bishop, so I wouldn't have a slot for a Bucc to buff MM with SI. Also, NL/BM/BS team only needs an SE buff to be at max potential.
    • I want to shoot lots of missiles, and BM/NL provides that fantasy. Pew pew pew

While I was leeching, I was theorycrafting about what the strongest NL equipment would be. Eventually, I got so into it that I made my own spreadsheet and figured out what would be the best gear. Here it is:

MAIN GEAR:
    Weapon
    : Timeless Lampion (58 WA Base, 67WA with 9 out 10 WA from levels, 102WA @ +7) (160 DEX REQ)
    Glove: Timeless Lubav (23+ WA, 8.5 DEX, 9.5 LUK)
    Cape: PGC 16+ WA
    Shoes: FS 10+ WA
    Head: Aufheben Circlet (22 DEX, 52 LUK)
    Armor: Timeless Prinsid (6 DEX / 9 LUK Base, 10 DEX / 13 LUK assuming 4 out of 5 stats hit on levels, 9 DEX / 62 LUK @ +10) (160 DEX REQ)
    Earring: Element Pierce (2 DEX + 4-5 DEX Chaos + 18 DEX from 10% x 6 = 24-25 DEX)
    Pendant: Timeless Pendant (35 DEX / 35 LUK after many rerolls + chaos)
    Face Acc: Any, 15+ DEX.
    Eye Acc: Any, 8+DEX.
    Ring: Monster Book Ring (+10 All Stat), Ellin Savior (+1 All Stat)
    Throwing Stars: Magic Throwing Knives (31 WA).

SUB GEAR:
    Head
    : Scar Hat (37+ DEX)
    Other: Gloves with DEX, Cape with DEX.

See the calculations in the Projection Spreadsheet below.

NL Damage Calculator.jpg

Here is the rationale for my decisions:
    Q: Why choose Lubav over BWG?
    A:
    • Lubav would have 8.5 more DEX and 9.5 more LUK on average vs. a BWG.
    • Because you can scroll your Aufheben Circlet for DEX or LUK, you can choose to scroll for whatever DEX you need and then scroll the rest on LUK. In theory, you should only waste 2 DEX stat at most, since Helmet 10% scrolls give +3 Stat (at 162 DEX w/ Helm, 159 DEX w/o Helm).
    • A 8 DEX, 9 LUK, 23WA Lubav would be theoretically be slightly better than a 25 WA BWG, as the highest LUK:WATT ratio I calculated on my loadout is 7.2:1 at most. (If there are no wasted stats, secondary stat should have same weight as primary stat, assuming that your gear is optimal and optimal gear is significantly better than next best-in-slot gear.)
    • Lubav being untradable after equipping is a big downside, though -- decide at your own risk.

Q: Why choose Timeless Pendant over MoN?
    A: This is a tough question. The short answer is: Even though MoN technically has more overall value, there is no method to utilize its value due to the skewed LUK:WATT ratio and WATT consumables.
    Here's the long answer: WATT has generally more value than a main stat. For a mid-level attacker (~155), you can assume that their Main Stat to WATK ratio is 5:1. However, if you are a high level attacker (195+) with optimized gear, the ratio becomes skewed from 6:1 to even 8:1, depending on the server. A Night Lord's formula does not account for secondary stats when it comes to damage, so ratio calculation is inversely proportional. (E.g., if you have a Night Lord with 1000 LUK and 100 WATT, Main Stat to WATK ratio would be 10:1. The higher this ratio, the more efficient it is for you to raise WATT instead.)
    From my calculations, an end game NL's ratio in ML is anywhere from 6.5:1 to 7.2:1.
    So at a face value, MoN ( Assuming 8 DEX / 8 LUK / 9 WATT ) has a total stat value of 6 + 6 + 9*(6.5 to 7.2) = 70.5 to 76.8.
    At a face value, TL Pendant ( Assuming 35 DEX / 35 LUK ) has a total stat value of 35 + 35 = 70.
    Therefore, MoN does have more total stat value vs TL Pendant.
    However, when you buff your character with an Apple, Main Stat becomes more valuable as the ratio closes significantly (E.g., in my previous example of 1000 LUK and 100 WATT, apple would make your character have 200 total WATT, bringing the ratio to 5:1). In our case, the initial range, which was from 6.5:1 to 7.2:1 , would now become 4.3:1 to 4.6:1.
    So with an Apple, MoN now has a total stat value of 6 + 6 + 9*(4.3 to 4.6) = 50.7 to 53.4.
    With an Apple, TL Pendant still has a total stat value of 35 + 35 = 70.
    This is proven in my "Loadout Results" where without a WATT boost, MoN will outperform TL Pendant slightly, but as soon as any WATT boost is applied, TL Pendant will outperform MoN.
    Finally, TL Pendant is also more flexible. Because of the raw DEX that it provides, you can more easily swap out your face accessory for, let's say, a Strawberry Icecream (6WA) later down the road.

Q: Why scroll Aufheben for LUK only when you may not be able to wear your Timeless Overall (160 DEX Requirement) with your current loadout?
    A: Your timeless gear should have a fair amount of DEX. What you want to do is wear your SUB GEAR, equip your Timeless OA/Glove, switch your Scar Hat back to Auf Circlet, and you should have 160 minimum while equipping your gear. Note that you must have 160 minimum DEX WITHOUT Maple Warrior.

Q: Why should I have 160 minimum DEX WITHOUT Maple Warrior? I may not be able to attack if I'm debuffed, but as long as I cast MW30 again I should be fine right?
    A: Unfortunately, no. If you get dispelled, you will have under 160 DEX without your TL OA/Glove being equipped. This means you will have to equip your SUB GEAR to have 160+ DEX, re-equip your overall, and change your helm back to Auf Circlet, which really isn't something you want to do while bossing. This is why having a TL glove is so good - because of the extra DEX, your requirements for Face Acc and Eye Acc may not be as harsh. You may also not have to wear SUB GEAR to equip event items (see next Q).

Q: What is the SUB GEAR for?
    A: SUB GEAR is to help you equip your gear initially. However, the Scarlion Hat (DEX) specifically is not only used to equip your Timeless OA/Glove, but also to futureproof you for events. If, for example, an event comes out and offers something like a Strawberry Icecream Bar (6WA), you can't wear your DEX Face Accessory, right? Having a second helm specifically for DEX is for that. You can't scroll another Aufheben Circlet, as all stat helms are categorized as One-of-a-kind item. Scarlion Hat (DEX) was chosen because I assumed it was the next best in slot helmet.

Q: Isn't forcing LUK on both TL Overall and Aufheben Circlet overkill?
    A: It may be, but I feel that this is the most futureproof way to gear, especially if admins/devs introduce new gear that gives all stat, or there are events that give temporary all stat items (Fishing Ring, Ring of Passion, etc). Remember that your 23WA Timeless Lubav only has a perceived value of 25WA+ if your DEX is not being wasted.

Q: Isn't having two scrolled helmets overkill?
    A: Yeah... it probably is. There's an argument to make on making a Hybridized Auf Helm to account for how much stats event gears bring and how much extra damage a Hybridized Helm would bring, but that has too many permutations to calculate, so I can't do that. Sorry. To be fair though, if you got THIS far with your gear, a 35 DEX Scar hat should be a no big deal, right?

I did a rough calculation on the PCoin cost of what I think is optimized gear, and it rang over 50000+ coins.scaredmush So yeah... it seems very VERY unlikely for me to ever achieve this. But is this optimized? Are there things I'm missing? Do I have something outright wrong? I need to know. I've thought about this for far too long not to get answers. Please help me NL mains!!! Also, if you want to use this spreadsheet to calculate your NL damage, feel free to let me know -- I would be happy to send it to you.

My Progress 092323.jpg

I've changed "My Progress" spreadsheet to include leeching data and made other small changes. Leeching my way to victory. It has begun. Although, I'm trying to balance it with card farming and leeching brother, so I don't think I'll earn billions anytime soon. SlimeWink

Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Here's my humble proposal to aim for first, based on my observation on the current market's availability.
    They are more than sufficient for you to enjoy contents while you continue working towards your projected goals.

Hat and HTP is totally up to your luck in attaining them, so the cost can vary.
    The rest are my close estimates, some in market price and some in expected production costs.

Head: Scarlion Hat 33 DEX ~300mil
    Face: any face Mask 8 DEX ~400mil
    Eye: Spectrum Goggles 5 DEX ~800mil
    Ear: any Earrings 13 DEX ~400mil
    Cape: PAC/PGC 7 Att ~600mil
    Top: Green Pirate Top 6 DEX, 16 LUK ~300mil
    Bottom: Green Pirate Pants 18 DEX, 2 LUK ~300mil
    Neck: HTP 23 DEX ~150mil++
    Weapon: RC 70 Att ~300mil
    Gloves: BWG 14 Att ~600mil
    Shoes: any lv90 or below Shoes 13 DEX ~300mil
    Ring: Ellin + T10 11 DEX
    Stats: base 25 DEX

TOTAL: 155 DEX, enough to equip up to NT Claw

Cost: ~4.45bil meso or 1.4k Prestigious Coins @ ~3.3mil meso rate
    Only 2.8% of your projected 50k coins.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    kiwizkiwiz This is so helpful. Trying to figure out my temporary gear was on my to-do list next, and you've pretty much done it for me. Thank you so much! Though I don't know how the price will change 9-10 months from now as I think I'll be done washing around that time, it's a solid start to figure out what/where the most cost efficient gear is.

I think the upgrade path from there is Perfect Craven / NT, -> Cape -> Shoe -> Auf -> TL Gear. Does that seem about right?

8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    8:02 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I really like the theory crafting above!

Though I do agree with kiwizkiwiz on the gear list as to what you should aim for. The only change I'd make is allocating some more of those funds to your claw, as you won't be needing 155 DEX for a while!

You mention not wanting to spend too much money gearing your bishop. Almost all of these items are going to count as washing gear for your NL and SE, so I think it's only fair to mentally account for them in your top level attacker budget!

• Like Like x 1
  9. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    155 DEX is definitely useful as you’ll never know what’s available in the market at any point of time. A 70wa NT Claw cost half the price of a 70wa RC, like what washlord has bought recently.

The gear stats allocation has been carefully thought out to spread the cost among the slots for the best stats to price value. It also leaves the cape and gloves slot free from DEX dependency as these are the 2 equipment you will likely find yourself upgrading.

You are free to shift the stats around between equipment. If you got lucky and made a 35 DEX hat over the planned 33 early on, that means you can reduce up to 2 DEX from other slots. Some of the equipment are exponentially harder to find even by an increase of just 1 stat, so any extra stats you’re able to get will help a lot.

There is no fixed upgrade path. Generally it’s the next cheapest attack you can get from weapon, cape and gloves slots. If you already have 70wa claw, 7wa cape, 14wa gloves, the next upgrade is likely to be the claw. Looking at just 1wa upgrade, 71wa RC cost 400mil, 8wa cape cost 1bil, 15wa gloves cost 1.2bil+.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    When you are using multiple sets of gear that have the same dex requirement, you are able to use the dex on the equip with the lowest dex to equip the others. Example, you have 8 dex glove, 10 dex overall, 3 dex on claw.

In this case, you will NEED to have 170 total dex to wear all your items. The 8 dex from the glove and 3 dex from the claw can be "used" to wear the timeless set, but the 10 dex on the overall cannot. So yes, this timeless lubhav is theoretically better if you also use a timeless overall. If you don't its probably not worth it.

In my opinion, the tradability of the glove is too big of a downside. You should get tradable gloves, especially because the end game bosses in maplelegends are locked once per week, so you will want to be able to trade it to your other character (archer) and potentially run pink bean twice per week instead of once.

In maplelegends, maplewarrior counts just fine for equipping items. You can have 160 dex with maplewarrior and your gear will be re-equiped once you cast mw.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    8:02 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Well said kiwizkiwiz! I really like that framework of thinking about the challenge. akashskyakashsky great summary!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    kiwizkiwiz That's a lot of things to consider, and it sounded like a lot of work on your end. I really appreciate you doing this for me! SlimeGrin I'll try to stick to it as close as I can.

KrythanKrythan I think the route is, get the gear the kiwiz recommended, and maybe go straight to a maxed RC. If I were to aim for a Lampion, the rerolls will take a long time. (I heard 0.33% somewhere in the forums, and that's assuming that level up rates are equal, which is not explicitly stated by the staff. I'm hoping that I can just buy a maxed out RC, as I know people sell perfect RC and Nisrocks for significantly cheaper (3000-3500 PCoins) as it is out of date. I think it will all depend on how much money I have amassed by the time I'm ready to boss.

akashskyakashsky Thank you for your reply! Regarding the discussion with gear, I think we're on the same page, but I want to confirm with you to make sure.
    That's why I mentioned the SUB GEAR, where you have the additional DEX to be able to swap to Timeless Gear. So you have, for example, 150 DEX with your non-TL loadout but you gain 3 DEX from TL Claw Upgrade, 4 DEX from TL Glove Upgrade, and 3 DEX for your OA Upgrade (Let's assume). If you wear a 10 DEX Cape (YAC), equip all your timeless gear (which would net you 170 DEX at that point), and switch out your YAC back into your PGC, you would have 160 DEX whilst having your Timeless Gear equipped. Is that what you meant?

And this is where ML might have a different system as you said. But I want to make sure I got this right. Let's say you have 158 DEX with TL gear equipped, but with MW20, you are able to hit 160 DEX. You go to HT. While in battle, Horntail dispels you. This is what I expect to happen:
    • You get dispelled to 158 DEX
    • Because you no longer meet the TL gear requirement, the equipment slot is colored red, and you will not gain the benefits of the gear until you are able to hit 160 DEX.
    • If your TL gear had 10 total DEX from Claw / Glove / OA, you now have 148 DEX. Weapon Slot / Glove Slot / OA Slot are all colored red. Recasting MW only puts you at 150 because your gear is all red.
    Is this not the case in ML?

I'm so sad... I was aware that PB was weekly, but I didn't consider the implications of tradable gear until you commented this. I just assumed that people liked making new characters and therefore wanted BWGs, but now I realize that it's to raise your farming cap. This means gearing for TL weapons is realistically unfeasible if you want to earn money efficiently (unless you played the server for a long time and you already have top tier BWG / Cape / FS AND a bunch of high level characters with great gear). I see a lot of level 200's in the server -- do you know, on average, the amount of alt characters that PBers use per week? 3? 4?

13. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    It’s more of a personal preference to have all DEX coming from gears. You are free to optimise differently by adding AP to DEX should you wish to.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    No, your gearing decisions is exactly how I envisioned my ideal, which is why I like it so much. I prefer going DEX-less if I can (although if I didn't have a choice, I'm not averse to it).

• Like Like x 1
  15. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Nice. I spent 2 years+ gearing my STRless/DEXless Shadower and it’s one of the most satisfying feat I’ve achieved.

Currently able to equip up to Dragon equipments, since that’s the minimum needed for Dragon Khanjar. Waiting to see if any opportunity arise to upgrade further for NT/Timeless.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    You have to loot an absurd number of Timeless Pendants to hit 30/30, multiplied by another silly number to hit 35/35. There are definitely not enough weeks in your life to run this many Pink Beans.

I think aggressively ws+csing a decently levelled pendant is a more realistic way to gain 30+/30+.

In a similar vein, I haven't run any numbers but I imagine aggressively cs/ws+csing element pierces for both Dex and Luk will be better value than ws10ing 6 slots.

I'd also add that with this extremely high amount of investment into gear, your FS and cape benchmarks could probably be a little higher too.

That's true, hence why many endgame players heavily emphasise pushing for high attack gloves/capes before entertaining Timeless weapons.

Including mules, the most active PBers will use much more than 3-4. But I think optimising for running as much PB as possible would result in a very different looking journal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    No, this is not what I meant. In this scenario, you will have to use your sub gear to wear your timeless gear. I.e. your dex cape / helmet. Then once you equip the timeless gear, and then switch out the dex cape / helmet, you will have above 160 dex. The amount of dex above 160 you have depends on which timeless item you have that has the highest dex gear. In my previous example that was 10 dex from the overall, so you would have 170 dex with everything equipped, otherwise it would all be unequipped.

This is not the case in ML, you would not be able to equip all your timeless gear while having 160 total dex in the first place.

I'm not sure about the average, but its very common for people to run pink bean twice per week using 2 separate characters. If you are optimizing hard to run pink bean, timeless items are a mistake (due to 1 week cooldown). However, the weapons are still worth considering for your main character because they can be 10+ attack better than the neo tokyo version. However, a tradable perfect NT weapon would provide more value if you have multiple chars of the same class. If you only ever plan on making 1 nightlord, timeless claw is fine. If you ever make another nightlord, then the NT claw would probably have been the better item to go for.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    MilkydoorMilkydoor Yes, I think if I were to go ahead and optimize with what I had, chaosing seems to be a much more efficient method than just outright WS 10%ing everything.
    More than 4?? I thought I already put out a really high number by saying 3-4. That's crazy.
    I think optimizing for PB would have to be after I accomplish my goals set in this journal. PB itself is much too far away, and I don't think I have the grit to farm for 20+ Monster Cards per map at once... I have to be realistic with my expectations.

akashskyakashsky Thanks for your reiterating for me. If that's the case, the helm probably needs to be scrolled into mostly/pure DEX to account for event equips, and there isn't really a way around it. But it wouldn't matter anyways because, as you said, TL gear is inefficient due to how end game bossing works. While I'm pretty disappointed my idealized build won't work out, I'm glad I could get this corrected now so I don't make any mistakes when I'm actually considering end game gear. I appreciate it. Guess I'll stick to NT as main claw that I'm aiming for, BWG as my end game glove, and Lv 80/90 top bottom...

19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    perfect! Some time ago I thought between a timeless glove or bwg/ym, I went for the tradeable glove and I value it a lot (I doubt that gloves with a lot of wa like 15+ will depreciate so soon)

• Like Like x 1
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Don't forget that Maple is a 2D game, and in most bosses you won't have time to go far to change gear (similar to what happens in Ragnarok online for example)

• Like Like x 1