1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update General Patch Notes: November 7th, 2022

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Nov 7, 2022.

1. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    7:39 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Agree, probably bishop is the class who most need anti-afk changes, but bucc is by far the most easy class to make it, i don't have any idea besides buffing angel ray damage as anti-afk measure

2. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    11:39 AM
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Actually a big fan of this, but im biased as shit when it comes to afk gameplay.

Other than that great job and I'm looking forward to the event!

• Like Like x 1
  3. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    3:39 AM
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Wish there was less complaints and more constructive criticism. Thank you again for your hard work staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    6:39 PM
    cant help it. we been seeing bucc changes for X patches consecutive. Doesnt help with public impression that there are indeed alot of bucc mains in the BT.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    If it doesn't change anything why you're complaining? If TL is such an overpowered skill (i agree) why you're complaining about nerfs?? Staff being very kind here, instead of deleting TL mules main reason to exist (making it stop resetting echo) they just made it annoying to use simmilar to multimage changes, but you guys REALLY can't be happy about any change who doesn't are a indirect buff to your main classes.
    Personally i would suggest just TL stop resetting Echo, any direct nerfs on the class is just going make people avoid playing the class and going for mules, personally if bucc damage get hurt i'll just go to corsair/nl back and mule for SI.
    The only reason to bucc be "the best class" rightnow is the lack of availability of buccs specially strong ones on endgame content, you want 10 NightLords in one PB run and 2~3 bucc, but when you have 3x more nightlords at endgame than buccs it doesn't become a problem, in a server where we aren't limited to 1 client utility classes need to be very strong and independent, being "best classes" than pure dps dealers or we're going to become royals where 3~4 nightlords solo all bosses with SE mules.
    I agree that buccs need a little nerf to become simmilar to archers, but i don't think messing with their damage is the solution

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    This will be the revival of Henesys Hunting Ground I

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just put them in the dummy dpm maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    This might actually improve my cards hunting game, by placing bucc in maps where my other character needs card and charge up at the same time. :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I mean, the changes are fine and nothing much more than small 30s of annoying hitting in bossing, expect very few specific situation like HT caving.
    Even if you blood washed, bucc's maple weapon give tons of accuracy and more with accuracy scroll, so hitting shouldn't really be an issue (?)

It is also hard to not draw the line between the members on the bucclance team and the consecutive patches that involves bucc changes. I don't disagree to this patch change, but I just dont think all the other classes are that fine right now. Idk for a starting, something about DKs maybe?

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    A reminder that we had a quite big patch in October as well. We were just busy with event/client work now. Christmas will have more juicy stuff.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    6:39 AM
    i like any anti afk/mule updates personally. i think this is a gentle step in that direction.

edit: thank you kimmy and staff I love you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:39 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm confused by this post because I don't understand the context perhaps.
    • Are you saying that buccs (including their muling) are in a healthy spot atm, and that the only reason they've seen changes for the past X consecutive patches is because there are many bucc "mains" in BT?
    • Or, are you saying that buccs are getting "buffed" unjustifiably because of the number of buccs amongst balance team members?
    • Or, are you saying that buccs are getting "nerfed" unjustifiably because of the number of buccs amongst balance team members?
    Also, I'm also extremely confused by what you mean by "we been seeing bucc changes for X patches consecutive", when there were no changes to specifically targeting Buccs in the following patches:
    • October 2022 Patch
    • Anniversary/Summer 2022
    • Christmas 2021
    • Valentines 2021
    • Christmas 2020
    Summer 2021 did have changes to Buccs but that was enabling of the use normal skills during Transform and Super Transform. Anniversary Event 2021 did also have changes but that was more of a bug fix for SI and barrel. The last major update relating to Buccs being the Halloween Event 2020, roughly two years ago. Looking into this got me curious about the pattern in our changes and I made a quick table for others who might be curious!
    [​IMG]

Please note that the lack of changes also doesn't mean we think all classes are perfect at the moment, we 100% agree that there are class imbalances at the moment and are most certainly actively working on those topics behind the scenes. However, a lot of those class imbalances are rooted in a far deeper fundamental issue that doesn't involve a "quick" fix like the one we've pushed out for this patch. The changes that the server needs for the classes we have in mind require more careful discussion and resources dedicated to it to execute. Hence, why it hasn't been pushed out yet! Lack of an in-depth balance patch doesn't mean we think things are perfect, it just means we need more time to work on them ^^

Also if players feel there is an over representation of one class, feel free to apply for balance team! We'd love to get more diversity! However, do note that we are above all else, looking for qualified, proactive, and knowledgeable players in our community that can help improve our server.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Friendly reminder that Balance Team has also started a discussion around DK class balancing a month or so ago. They are still going through the thread and crunching data around the potential suggestions and changes from it. Just wanted to remind everyone that DK rebalancing is being actively worked on.

Feel free to contribute more discussion here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dark-knight-skill-changes.47221/

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  14. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    iirc theres alot of shadowers on BT and shad dmg still trash, reducing the effort of BT to "buffing their own classes" is just unfair, lets ignore the fact nise have a corsair who gets nerfed a few patchs ago even with a great percentage of the community going against it.
    I want to know why buccanners are that broken, INSANE dpm? no, simmilar dpm to archers in HT and lower on free fire, EXTREME utility? also no, better than archers but SI is slightly worse than SE and TL doesn't get value in every boss/party in the game.
    Is the most versatile class? probably yes and thats why the class is that good, just happens there's not enough buccs on the server so it becomes extremly valuable, imagine if there's no archer mains on legends? archers would absolutely be the #1 class to create, or we can just nerf utility classes to the ground so nightlords can shine with their mules MapleF15

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    I am saying it doesn't help with public impression. Whether its buff or nerf, its subjective. While there are no changes targeting the class, the changes to the boss which the class excels in indirectly buffs the class.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:39 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So you're saying your previous comment about "bucc changes for X patches consecutive" isn't based on direct changes to the class, but more so changes that we've made to bosses & introduction of new bosses (NT2 for example I'm guessing?) and how that shifts the meta in favor of buccs?

Well factoring those in, let's look at the last three patches (going from oldest to newest)
    • [Dec 30, 2021] Christmas 2021 patch: Pink Bean changes
      • Note that at this point, the only active bucc at this time was Lynux on the team.
    • [Jul 24, 2022] Xiao announced as BT.
    • [Aug 13, 2022] Anni/Summer 2022 patch: Pink Bean directionless casting and increased difficulty of statue phases
      • I can see how such a change would "benefit" Buccs, as their TL utility becomes more sought after, but is it more sought out than before however? Most PB squads already ran with the same number of bucc/TL mule combo pre vs. post change I believe.
      • Also, is this type of change one we would've only seen due to the influence of "so-called bucc mains" in BT? No, since it's been a commonly suggested thing by end-game players for us to change PB to be more difficult. Or at least less of a pure DPM check.
    • [Oct 10, 2022] Oct 2022 patch: no changes to bosses or buccs.
    • [Oct 28, 2022] TTKirnk and Cube announced as BT.
    • [Nov 7, 2022] Halloween 2022 patch: TL changes
    When public impression is based on misunderstandings and perhaps misinformation then it most certainly wouldn't help, you're right. But I hope that through the timeline ^ and clarification that there have been a lack of changes in the past few patches to Buccs, I hope we can correct the misconception about balance team pursuing changes solely to push their "class agenda".

While I personally don't get fazed that much by what community members say anymore, at least emotionally, I'm not going to just stand around and watch the balance team members who have been hard at work, always scrutinizing each suggestion to be as objective as they can be, all for the sake of improving the server, be portrayed as something they clearly aren't.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This thread just shows how impressionable people are to propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's possible to both think that a nerf isn't nearly enough while thinking the one offered is poorly designed. I'd argue a nerf that doesn't actually change anything in the meta while being a major annoyance for everyone is poorly designed.

Also the buff and nerf chart hardly including anything is kinda funny. It's no wonder DKs are in the dirt when stuff like Roar cast limit and removal of Magnet at PB aren't even considered nerfs. It doesn't even begin to address any of the content changes that make content friendlier for some classes while deadlier for others, as the slow erasure of time makes DKs into no more than HB mules through continued micronerfs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Didn't the october patch "considerably" increased pouch 5 droprates for PB as well as add another chance for it to drop?