1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends NL Gear Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mesowhore, Feb 20, 2023.

1. mesowhore

mesowhore Mano

Aug 9, 2020
    Male
    4:52 AM
    MesoWhore
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Hello everyone,

For my first ever forum post, I decided to do a competitive/controversial Tier List of all the Top NL's in the server based solely on their gear and character level. I decided to divide the tier list into 5 different tiers: S Tier, A Tier, B Tier, C Tier, and D Tier. Each NL listed in the spreadsheet below will have a specific amount of points based on certain NL gear assets. That total is how one gets into a specific tier on this list. This will be the specific point distribution for each tier...

S Tier: 140+ points
    A Tier: 130-139 points
    B Tier: 120-129 points
    C Tier: 100-119 points
    D Tier: 0-99 points

Some things to consider:
    - The different sets of gear that were considered for the total points an NL participate can have was based on their claw, cape, glove, stompers, and character level.

-I believe that in order to account for higher stat shoes that some NLs might have, I simply just subtracted 2 from all stompers that any NL currently has.

-The tier system/point total could change in the future. Since realistically almost all of the people who are listed in the spreadsheet are still active, it can be assumed that eventually everyone will progress into the B tier and onward. In order to make it competitive and not eventually shove everyone in the S, A, and B tier, the point totals will be adjusted and potential new tiers will be added, for example S+, A+, etc.

-If you read the spreadsheet below, some NL's might have a (*) next to their ign. The (*) is the primary user of the gear and the gear will only be counted ONCE in the case both the primary and secondary user of the gear are on this list.

-Another thing to consider is your NL's level. Although this was not stressed as much as gear, it still went into your point total. If you have amazing gear, but aren't high enough level as some of the top NLs on this tierlist, then you are punished heavily. A reason why I added levels to a gear based list is that near the later stages of a characters journey to 200, the 5 ap you get from each level adds a significant amount of range to your character, so I decided to consider level as well.

-If you are on this list and want your total points updated based on any recent gear upgrades or if you simply want to participate and be on the list, LMK. The same thing goes to all the people who don't want to participate in this tier list going forward. You can contact me through my discord: kylek824#6248.

-If this post goes well and more importantly is active and engages/motivates other NLs to climb this list, I will be making monthly updates to the tier list and post it here.

Link to the spreadsheet for point totals:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxQt-IuOyctuiyigw2_D-Ii-qDhvg9kBffy6u1EGFkY/edit#gid=0

TIER LIST
    NL TIER LIST S-B.png
    tier list c-D.png

• Informative x 16
    • Great Work x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Interesting idea! Though, if you already have a quantitative ranking system, isn't further organizing NLs into tiers redundant? Unless of course there's an non-arbitrary distinction between the buckets...

3. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    1:52 AM
    Beasee
    Shadower
    Level 165 NL on this list :toobased:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    IRLHermit supremacy. Also, he uses 15atk gloves.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  5. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Beasee
    Shadower
    For serious purposes though, claw WA rating is misleading. For all practical purposes a 89wa dragon green sleeve is equivalent to a 14 luk 86wa craven, how does your spreadsheet address comparisons such as these (similar arguments can be made for similar wa timeless vs NT claws, how much better is a 94wa timeless versus 92wa NT?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    mesowhore

mesowhore Mano

Aug 9, 2020
    Male
    MesoWhore
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    ok fixed, ty

7. OP
    OP
    mesowhore

mesowhore Mano

Aug 9, 2020
    Male
    MesoWhore
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Yes, this was a question that came up during the time I was making the draft for the tier list. In all honesty there was a bunch of mixed answers on the stats that certain claws provide. My answer to that was this list was intended to account for specifically only the weapon attack, because this list is coming from a very generalized POV, otherwise I would've added in stat gear to be omega specific about one's point total. Again certain things about this tier list is subject to change as time goes on and at one point I was gonna nerf DGS users by 1 wa due to it being the only claw that gives dex compared to a DPS that gives luk. Overall theres so few DGS users and makes such a small difference that IMO that I didn't really consider it to be an issue.

8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I don't think players who have been previously banned should be included.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Like who

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. abe27342

abe27342 Orange Mushroom

Mar 14, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    thanks, now I know which noobs to reject from my daily captain latanica

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Great Work x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:52 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    don’t let them mooch off apq too!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    The timeless lampion that I have (94) is still 2 WA higher than any perfect nt claw. There is a 5 dex difference between a perf nt claw and my lampion. The highest luk you can get on nt claw is 16, while my lampion is 21 luk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Speaking of which

14. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:52 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Who in the hell finishes a 94 atk lampion kekw

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Catapult sucks

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Kiaraaa

Kiaraaa Chronos

Apr 5, 2018
    Female
    4:52 PM
    Kiaraaa
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Dimez sucks OnionMuha

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    +6/1 slot lampion? Or wacky 30 luck on it

I'd petition mesowhore to dock NL points if it was ws10'd for 7 slots

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Out of curiosity, the tier list of IGNs aren't there to make fun of the individual, right?

I wouldn't want people to be made fun of for being "D Tier" for example, or any other tier.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    mesowhore

mesowhore Mano

Aug 9, 2020
    Male
    MesoWhore
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Did you read my thread at all lol? To answer your question no I’m not making fun of anyone. If that were the case I would not have put a friend/guildie in the D tier who I know has good gear, but is simply punished for being lower level. It wouldn’t really be a competitive tier list if we don’t have people on the lower end anyway. Also the people listed above are free to withdraw from the list at any given moment.

20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Oh, no I did read it. It's just making sure since how communities can be when a thread like this shows up, even jokingly mentioning an example something like "Yoo, D tier LMAOO"

Was just curious, asking in a friendly way, my bad if my post seemed targeted or criticizing individuals, wasn't my intent. ^_^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1