1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide to recommended mules and how to make them

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by akashsky, Feb 12, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:39 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is a guide on muling. Its been in the works for a while, and its not finished, at least not the training part, since I don't really know how to optimally train them, but if anyone has any suggestions , I'm more than open to putting them in the guide.

Tier C mules (easy to make)
    NLC mule: A mule character located in New Leaf City so that you can buy potions that exist solely in NLC.

Cider Mule: A mule stationed in either showa or dead mans gorge (with 50 phantom seed quest done) that can easily purchase the cider drink (a potion that gives + 20 weapon attack). The dead mans gorge quest requires level 50, so you are better off putting the mule in showa.

Fame Mule: A mule character used to fame or defame other people.

Training guide for Tier C mules
    Since these mules only need to exist in order to function, you are basically just looking to make a new character and get it off maple island as fast as possible.

The below is taken from aloysha's guide.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/so-you-want-to-build-a-famehoe.19691/

Maple Island has a lot of time waste for you to ignore. First off, the NPCs in the initial bit are just there to waste your time. No need to eat that apple or kill the sentinel/snowball, and outside there's no need to do the quiz. That's all just time waste. There are only a few certain quests you need to do, and they're all part of the same line on unlocks, and lead to the best exp.

The first is "Help Hunt the Snails". East enough, kill 10 snails on your way to Maria. This then unlocks "Letter to Lucas", so bring that letter to him, being careful to ignore absolutely everything in your path, because all of it is time waste. After you get the letter to Lucas, bring back the reply to Maria, then go back to Chief Lucas to start "Chief's Introduction". This brings you to Mai, where you do all of "Mai's Training", and you should be level 3 when you start and level 7 when it's finished. After you finish Mai's Training you can go back to Lucas to finish "Chief's Introduction", then make your way towards Southperry, but there's on quest between Amethyst and Southperry. Talk to Barry and do "Bari's Test", it involves killing an orange mushroom and collecting its cap, and gives a very nice 700 exp. After this you're ready to start "Bigg's Story on Victoria Island" in Southperry and make your way off the island.

If you are looking to make a NLC or cider mule, you are done. If you want to make a fame mule, you need to reach level 15.

After leaving, hop down from the ship and take the shortcut to Olaf. To not waste exp, do his "Lesson on Job Advancement" before completing "Bigg's Story", this will bring you to level 10, but you aren't quite ready to job advance yet, because taxi's are much cheaper as a beginner. You can do "Path of the X", but I don't think it makes a difference in the end and is just click waste. Make your way to Nautilus Harbor and get inside the whaleOrooroOO, buy a single mana elixer from the Grocer and sell all your old pot rewards from Mai's Training. After this, go downstairs and talk to the dolphin, give him your mana elixer, then do his next quest by touching the stone in the ship. This is a total of 2400 exp, enough to bring you to level 11 and ~40% and officially ready to make a job advancement.

After that, if you have a HS mule , grinding bubblings at kerning is the fastest way to level up. Otherwise, I would suggest doing a few henesy PQs or the following:

The second method is the Thailand Method. It's slower but I find it to be less of a grind to kill stumps rather than continuous HPQ. After making your job advancement as a warrior, do the first two training sessions from Dances with Balrog, this will bring you to level 13. Then get 10 screws from your main, or make them with bronze plates and steel plates in Perion. Make your way to Thailand(3k mesos) and go all the way to the left-most roof, there's a guy up there wanting to screw and will offer you a juicy 15k exp for the chance. This brings you to level 14 and 99.98% because you can't level more than once from any quest/monster(RIP HP Warriors). Go outside and kill a frog and your fame mule is finished.

Tier B mules (medium difficulty to make)
    Hyper body mule: A second job spearman (usually at level 41) that has the party buff hyper body maxed. This mule is almost a necessity if you have a fourth job mage due to their high mana costs when using fourth job ultimates.

Haste mule: A second job thief class that has the haste skill maxed. This mule is useful for training new characters and grinding, as the extra speed usually helps. This mule isn't as valuable, however, because there are speed and jump potions in the game that can take the place of this mule.

Tier A mules (difficult to make)
    Holy symbol mule: A third job priest that is at least level 81 and has maxed the Holy symbol skill, which increases exp from monsters you kill. This is by far the most valuable mule to make out of every single mule.

Meso up mule: A third job hermit that has the meso up skill maxed. It increases the amount of mesos monsters drop, which make it very useful for farming when coupled with a mage. It also doubles as a haste mule, which really boosts a mages mobility.

Tier S mules (insanely difficult to make)
    SI mule: A fourth job buccaneer that has maxed speed infusion, a skill which boosts your weapons attack speed by +4. Its insanely good for most warrior classes and bishops, as it boosts their damage per minute significantly.

SE mule: A fourth job archer with maxed sharp eyes. This party buff boosts a nightlords damage by 53%, and offers a significant (albeit smaller) damage boost to all other classes.

Personal Recommendation
    At the very least, make a NLC mule regardless of what class you have. If you are not a fighter and are not a mage, also make a cider mule. The convenience of being able to buy the potions you need to play without having to travel to an actual potion shop adds insanely to your quality of life on maplelegends. They also take very little time to actually make.

If you plan on playing the server a lot (that is get any character level 100 or higher), making a HS mule first will definitely be insane value.

If you are serious about farming with a mage, you should make SI, meso up, and hyperbody mules (usually done after you have a bishop after so you can self leech).

If your main is a nightlord, making a SE mule is highly recommended, but not required.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    You forgot about the Door Mule.

3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    All HS mules can also be door mules. You have 1 free SP at level 81 to have 1 point in door.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Fair point. But I made a Door Mule at level 71, so... I don't know if it makes enough of a difference.

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:39 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    where's my fellow echo mules

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    1:39 AM
    Thief
    tier hoguy6pack to make

7. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    6:39 AM
    Promise
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    He mentioned that one in the Tier C mules.

9. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Oh i added that in respond to her comment! I forgot to note that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    OMW, be there soon!

11. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    1:39 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    When making Se and si mules it is a good idea to add pure hp and equip speed items so you can bring those to boss maps and they will survive..

12. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Agreed for SI mules, however, for SE mules, I think that its a better idea to just build it normally so that you can also use it in cwkpq. A lot of teams are hard pressed for archers which have a DPS requirement.

13. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    6:39 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    "SI mule: A fourth job buccaneer that has maxed speed infusion, a skill which boosts your weapons attack speed by +4. Its insanely good ... and bishops, as it boosts their damage per minute significantly."

"farming with a mage, you should make SI, meso up, and hyperbody mules"

This is no longer the case, correct? As SI no longer impacts cast speed?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    "Hyper body mule: ... This mule is almost a necessity if you have a fourth job mage due to their high mana costs when using fourth job ultimates."

It might be worth noting that this mule is only as necessary if you won't or don't yet have you mage washed to the cap of 30k mp.

15. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:39 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Old guide is old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    True! I still do find it incredibly useful for understanding the game. Players (such as myself) may still find these posts from Google.

• Friendly Friendly x 1