1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What classes will you make now that HP washing isn't needed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirraya, Nov 17, 2023.

Which classes will you make now that HP washing isn't needed? (2)

1. Hero

10.6%
  2. Paladin

2.1%
  3. Dark Knight

6.4%
  4. Bishop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ice/Lightning Archmage

4.3%
  6. Fire/Poison Archmage

2.1%
  7. Bowmaster

19.1%
  8. Marksman

17.0%
  9. Night Lord

21.3%
  10. Shadower

10.6%
  11. Corsair

17.0%
  12. Buccaneer

2.1%
  13. Beginner

12.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pirraya

Pirraya Blue Snail

Feb 12, 2021
    1:04 PM
    Pirraya, Artimer, Spiritus
    F/P Mage
    Which classes do you think comes out the best now that HP washing is not needed anymore?
    Which classes will be more playable now? Do you have a specific class in mind that you will make now?

I am actually thinking of rolling a Paladin/Hero/Corsair next, I would do a NL, but quite frankly after all these years of not being able to make one, or not having the patience to wash one, I still don't want to make one, yet. I found more enjoyment through my Shadower for the thief.

2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    5:04 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I'm more excited to have a playable Bowmaster. Im anxiously awaiting my 10,550hp my BM is supposed to get. With equips around 11,400. My only other range char is a 30k NL Im preparing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    7:04 AM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    sorry but the HP challenge is only for 3rd or 4rd job so oddjobs like beginners and first jobs can't do the challenge.

4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I'm very impressed at how well the MapleLegends team has balanced the various HP Challenge thresholds across classes. I don't feel like any class comes out ahead, or behind the others in light of the new system.

In my opinion, the biggest impact is:

a.) There are many high-level characters that players had made as their first attacker, whom are going to be picked back up, as they're now much more viable end-game.

b.) This will also allow players, especially new players, to make a ranged attacker as their first character. Folks were often dissuaded from making a Night Lord, Bowmaster, or Marksman as their first attacker due to the greater overhead of washing requirements and complexity.

By that note, I guess that Night Lords, Bowmasters, and/or Marksman benefit the most from the release of the HP Challenges, but only as so as it's measured by increased ease of creation.

Personally, I still plan to wash all of my character, so the system hasn't directly impacted any of my plans, but I am very, very glad that there's some solid alternatives for new and returning players to engage back in the game!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    5:04 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    get with the times grandpa its my time to shine ok go drink ur prune juice before you get angry again

6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:04 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    HP Challenge class viability tier list:
    S tier | DK^, Paladin^, Hero^ [All essentially reach 30k hp once you factor in level up hp and extra hp from equipment]
    A tier | Bishop*, Shadower, Fire poison, Ice lightning [Bish / Shad don't need hb for all content but need very good pet hp equips, same with il/fp]
    B tier | Buccaneer, Nightlord [Both of these classes still need hb, but can still be worth it because of how strong they are]
    F tier | Marksman, Bowmaster, Corsair [HP challenge does not give enough hp, with corsair suffering the most, due to low avoid and potion/bullet costs.]

*Will still be a bit risky at horntail because even with hp equips you could die to a dispel + attack combo
    ^Will probably have an easier time doing normal hp washing compared to challenges, but nothing wrong with doing challenge on them

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    i'm not angry i just accepted that beginners and first jobs will never have other way to give HP without HP wash.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I would still HP wash either way.

9. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    7:04 PM
    I still feel HP washing is always better, and the challenge is there to "fix" characters that players are not willing to retrain. Anyone who consciously chooses the challenge over washing is just handicapping themselves in the later part of the game. Washing is a constant time investment with increasing value over time.

I'm not suggesting that washing is a good thing; rather, I feel the challenge lacks sufficient appeal over washing.

For any character I choose to play, washing will always be in the plan, even if it's a brand new account.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    Adding to kiwizkiwiz, it also opens up certain classes as the first character that someone ever makes. So, new players joining the server can start with a Night Lord or Bow master without being as limited as they were before.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    We can agree to disagree on this post but as someone who just wants to play for nostalgic reasons and also has a full time job, I don't wanna wait over a year to be able to play with my character, have it be do poopoo damage with 400 INT and then ALSO PAY FOR LEECH or leech it myself to leech it to level up. It's a terrible experience lol. I just wanna hang out with friends and play mushroom game :(

On that note I would love to make a Paladin, MM or NL next. NL have flash jump and I love flash jump. Paladins are super cool. MM look fun too!!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:04 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    mom can we have flash jump

flash jump at home: assaulter

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:04 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    assaulter working without mobs when?.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I personally wouldn't go to such extremes of 400 INT either.

Through careful planning, it's possible to achieve 19k HP by level 180, including HP from equipment, with 140 INT. However, it does require some investment in preparing scrolled items to compensate for the early game, allowing you to play without the need for leeching.

Lower investment in INT does means more AP resets would be required. I'd say somewhere around 180-200 INT is a good trade off between AP usage and having enough damage to progress.

If you have 100 INT from gears and MW, you can gain about 2k HP from it at level 180.

That being said, I do agree with you. What’s important is knowing what we stand to lose, a willingness to embrace them before advancing, averting later regrets. This will ensure we have fun to the fullest moving forward with a clear understanding in advance.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:04 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  16. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    differentiate the equation to solve

17. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    ....given a target level.

Otherwise the answer is always going to be "leech until 200" :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I don't have many concerns about surviving bosses with the amount of HP we get from challenges (once maxed), the biggest factor is pot efficiency because who doesn't like more money?

For that reason I went challenges on my NL and saved my high NX account for my Corsair. I don't suspect a challenges NL will ever become obsolete even if perfectionism demands 30k

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I think people are underestimating the value the challenges provide. With 12k hp at 180 it’s possible to get around 15k hp by 200 with all the good hp equips. That is 24k after hyper body, which is pretty much sufficient in most scenarios. The main crutch is that DK needs to be popular and unfortunately I rarely see any DKs when I boss and they aren’t very meta either. But staff can balance around that so it’s not such a huge deal in the long run.

Reasonable hp equips:
    T10 ring: 1000
    Ellin ring: 100
    MoN: 300
    CWK cape: 300
    3 +4 pet equips with hp: 600
    Level up bonuses from 20 levels: 400 (assuming 20 hp per levelup)
    +3 specs with hp: 225
    Event equips: 300~
    Total: 3225

NLs would basically have no drawback since they just dodge. BM and MM would be quite solid since they like using MoN anyway. Corsairs have the shortest end of the stick as they would have the least HP since you usually want to opt for HTP instead of MoN and also having lower HP+HB reliance sucks when you are playing a more mechanically intensive class.

Of course, if you are just going to min max and go for perfect weapons 17 attack cape and 23 attack gloves it may not appeal to you. But for an average player 15k/24k is enough to comfortably grind 7F and participate in bossing. This is not even considering the defense rework that is also potentially coming.

20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    It's less that people are underestimating the value of 15k HP and more the fact that most endgame players by now have realized 15k HP is hopelessly outdated. PB is completely unviable without HB which is already a rare commodity, and Toad and Auf are pretty iffy. NLs have huge drawbacks in not being able to cross heads in HT without risk, cutting their uptime. Any BM that uses MoN is trolling as it's a massive DPM loss. The nature of endgame fight design just makes higher HP values become incredibly valuable.

• Agree Agree x 3